Skip to main content
WFM HR: Casual Employment: High Level Overview
Casual Employment: High Level Overview
- A Casual employee is rota paid, works on a very ad-hoc basis and does not have a standard weekly working pattern.
- On rota submission employee accrues holiday x12.07% for every hour worked that week.
- Hours booked x hourly pay rate.
Further Key Details
- No ‘Year End’ concept; accrual continually rolls and accumulates for this employee.
- Casual holidays are accrued, booked and taken in hours.
- Holidays are requested through the standard request process in the HR module.
- Casuals are assigned by ticking the radial dial ‘casual’ on the Employment Details page; this button is not available as a default option and needs to be turned on by request if required.
- Casuals cannot book holiday hours for holiday they have not yet accrued.
- There is no cap functionality for casual employment.
- Displays the authorised, unauthorised & remaining holidays for a specific location, division and date range as well as the status of each holiday taken.
Holiday Year to Date
- Displays a summary of the employee’s holiday fields for a specific location, division and date range.
Migrating on to Casual
- It is best practice to migrate employees to casual at the end of a holiday year.
- There is a three month lead time to prepare and switch on this functionality.