The following article outlines the processes that must be followed when including an additional payment on the Day Content page within the Rota Module, along with how this information is displayed in the Payroll Module and on an employee’s payslip.
Up to two additional payments can be added, and this can be used for any payments that are allocated to individual employees, such as tips or service charge.
Rota and HR Configuration
To display the additional payment column(s) on the Rota Day Contents page, a number of steps are required.
In the Rotas Module, the user needs to configure settings in Global Settings and Configure Location Settings. Enabling the Global Setting will make the additional payment columns available to be switched on for all locations, and the Configure Location setting allows the user to specify which locations they should be displayed for. In addition to this, there are settings in the Job Titles section in the HR Module to determine which job titles should be allowed additional payments.
Turning on the Global Setting
- Go to Rotas > Administration > Global Settings and select Edit against the 'Rota Settings' section
- To add one additional payment column, tick the box against Show tips on day content page
- If necessary, the name of this column ("Tips") can be changed by typing into the Rename Tips field
- If required, an additional column can be added by selecting the option Show extra tips on day content page. The name of this ("Extra Tips") can also be changed by typing into the Rename Extra Tips field
- Scroll down and Save
Fig.1 – Turning on Global Setting
Turning on the Location Setting
- Go to Rotas > Administration > Configure Locations > select Location > Edit Rota Settings
- Scroll down to 'Tips and Revenue Settings'
- To display the additional "Tips" payment column, tick the box against Show tips on day content page
- To display the second additional "Extra Tips" payment column tick Show extra tips on day content page
- Scroll down and Save
Turning on the Job Title Setting
- Go to HR > Company Admin > Job Titles and select the required Job Title
- To allow the additional payment to be available for employees on this job title, select Yes next to Display Additional Payment 1
- For the second additional payment, select Yes next to Display Additional Payment 2
- Scroll down and Save
Using the Additional Payments Column
Once all the relevant settings have been enabled, the additional payment column will be displayed on the Rota Day Content page.
- Go to the Rotas module, select a rota and then select the required Day
- Use the Input Total Total fields at the top of the screen to enter the additional payment values
- Then allocate to individual employees in the Tips and Extra Tips fields
This will be possible for employees who are scheduled to work on that day and whose Job Title is set up to allow additional payments. For all other employees, these fields will be greyed-out.
The field at the bottom of the page will display in red until the total allocated values balance the values in the Input Total fields at the top. It will then display in green and the day can be closed.
‘Additional Payment’ Payment Type
The additional payments in the rota will automatically be linked to the ‘Tips’ and ‘Extra Tips’ payment types in the Payroll module, and they will also be displayed as ‘Tips’ and ‘Extra Tips’ on employees’ payslips. These can be changed if required by amending the description in the payment type.
To do so:
- Go to Payroll > Administration > Payment Types > select Tips > amend ‘Description’ field to required name > Save
Fig.5 – Renaming Additional Payments
- To rename the ‘Extra Tips’ payment type, follow the same path as above but select Extra Tips
Including Additional Payments in the Rota Wage Cost
The additional payments can be included in the rota wage cost by configuring the Wage Function Settings. The Wage Function Settings are only accessible using the Admin Login.
- Go to Rotas > Administration > Wage Function Setting
- To include the additional payments in the rota wage cost, select the options in the 'Wage Cost' column for Additions 1 and Additions 2 if required
- To display these on the Rota Analysis, select the options in the 'Display' column and enter a description in the Label field
- If required, these payments can be included in the calculation of NI, holiday accrual and other accruals (factor X) by selecting the Additions 1 and Additions 2 options in the corresponding columns