Statutory Holidays can be used in the Rota to configure working Holiday days, such as Bank Holidays. Employees can be given extra pay or a Lieu Day if they work a Statutory Holiday.
This article describes the process of creating, setting and assigning Statutory Holidays in HR & Payroll.
Creating and Setting Statutory Holidays
- Log into Fourth’s People & Payroll solution and select HR from the Module drop-down menu
Fig.1 - Module drop down
- From the Administration drop-down, select Global Settings
Fig.2 - Administration Drop-Down Menu
- Select Edit Default Holiday Settings
Fig.3 - Edit Default Holiday Setting
- Select the Statutory Days link
Fig.4 - Statutory Days Link
- Select Create Statutory Day
Fig.5 - Create Statutory Days Link
- Enter the Statutory Holiday Date and a description of the day in the Notes field
- Select if Rota Paid Staff will receive additional pay for working this holiday from the Pay Settings drop-down menu, or if they will receive a Lieu day by selecting from the Lieu Settings
Fig.6 - Create Statutory Day Window
- Enter if Salaried Staff are due to receive a Lieu Day for working the Statutory Holiday from the Lieu Settings drop-down menu
Fig.7 - Salaried Staff Lieu Settings
- Assign the Statutory Day to the relevant Location by selecting the required location in the Available area and moving it to the Assigned area
Fig.8 - Assign Locations Window
Once the Statutory Day is saved, it will appear in a list format.
- To remove a Statutory Day, select the required entry and select Delete
Fig.9 - Amending / Deleting Statutory Days