Payslip messages can be useful in getting information about payments across to employees, such as a notification of a forthcoming change to pay frequency, e.g. monthly to weekly or vice versa, or information regarding the employer pension contributions.
This article will explain the process of printing and deleting a message on the inside of a payslip.
Printing a Message
To print a message on the inside of a payslip:
- Go to Payroll > Pay Runs > Current Pay Run List
- Select the relevant Pay Period and then Payslip Notes
- Select Add Payslip Note (see Fig.1 to Fig.2)
Fig.1 - Payslip Notes
Fig.2 - Add Payslip Note & Message
- If required, enter the location and division (leave as All if the message is to be displayed on all payslips)
- Type the note to be displayed on the payslip - maximum 123 characters, including spaces - see Fig. 2
The message will be printed on the inside of the payslip for the current pay run only. If more than 1 Pay Basis needs to display the message, the above instructions will need to be followed for each one.
Deleting a Message
- Select the Delete? box
- Select Delete again to confirm the selection
Printing a Message on the Outside of the Payslip
- Follow Payroll > Reports > View Reports > Payslips3(new)
- Complete the relevant field information and the relevant Pay Run
- In the Division field, leave All to display the message on all payslips
- Run Report
Fig.3 - Payslips3 (new) screen
- Type the note to displayed on the payslip (maximum 100 characters, including spaces)
- Run Report
The message will be printed on the outside of the payslip for the current pay run only. If more than 1 pay basis needs to display the message, the above instructions will need to be followed for each one.
Please sign in to leave a comment.