New ability to assign two extra accrual values in the wage function settings – “Factor Y” and “Factor Z” - alongside the existing Factor X functionality.
Release Date: 26th September 2019.
Reason for the Change
Having one accrual factor isn’t always enough for accounting purposes to cover all the costs to a business. The introduction of two further accrual factors will allow for more accurate cost reporting.
All HR & Payroll customers using wage function version 5.
Configuring Factors X, Y and Z in Configure Location Settings
Follow the steps below to apply Factor X, Y and Factor Z percentages per location.
- Go to Rotas Module > Administration > Configure Locations
Fig.1 - Selecting Configure Locations under Administration
- Select a Location from the drop-down and select Edit Factor X, Y & Z Fixed Costs
Fig.2 - Selecting Edit Factor X and Fixed Costs
Enter a percentage number in the Factor X, Y and Z fields as appropriate and Save
Fig.3 - Entering Factor X,Y and Z percentages
Then, go to Administration > Wage Function Setting
The column currently called “Other Accr.” will be renamed to “Factor X”, and 2 more columns entitled “Factor Y” and “Factor Z” will be added - see Fig.4.
Fig.4 - Wage Function Settings
To ensure the Factor X, Y and Z are being calculated, they must be set to Include in Wage Cost and set to display. If not set to display, the cost will be included but the user will not be able to understand where the additional costs are coming from. A label must be added and help text is optional to explain what is included in the Factor X, Y and Z calculations.
- Go to Administration > Wage Function Settings
- Scroll down to Calculated Values
- Mark Wage Cost and Display tick boxes accordingly
- Input appropriate text to the Label fields
- Add Help Text as well if desired
Fig.5 – Updating Wage Function Settings
The following exports will be updated so as to include the extra costs for factor Y & Z:
- Rotas > Reports > Exports > Wage Elements By Location
- Rotas > Reports > Exports > Weekly Wages Export V2
- Rotas > Reports > Exports > Dimensions Rota Analysis Export
Please sign in to leave a comment.