Ingredient Import Tool
- The ingredient price update tool allows users to import pending price changes for ingredients saving them time. This document outlines how to use the tool to update pending cost prices.
- The first step in the process is to export the Ingredient Price Update Template.
Fig 1 - Report Template Location
Fig 2 - Export Criteria
- Follow the path: reports tab > Select ‘Ingredient’ from the report group drop-down list > Ingredient Price Update Template.
- Enter the desired criteria and select ‘Excel (xls)’ from the ‘Download as‘ drop-down list as in Fig 2 above.
- Click the ‘Create Export’ button. When prompted save the template to a memorable location.
Editing The Price Update Template
Fig 3 - Downloaded Template File
- Open the saved file in MS Excel.
- The import fields in the template are in columns K & L.
- If an ingredient in the export already has a pending price update it will show in these columns. In Fig 3 above the first ingredient already had a pending price update associated with it. The system exported the details in the template file.
Fig 4 - Edited Template File
- Fill in the relevant product changes in the file as in Fig 4 above and save. Pay close attention to the instructions in the grey coloured rows especially the accepted date formats.
Importing Price Updates
- The final step in the process is to import the updated template.
Fig 5 - Ingredient Import Admin Option
Fig 6 - Import File Button
- Follow the path: admin tab > Select: Ingredient Import/Price Update admin option.
- Click the ‘Import File’ button to import a file.
Fig 7 - Import Template Wizard I
- Click the ‘Browse’ button and locate the template file that was edited previously.
- Click the ‘Publish To…’ button and select the set(s) that the ingredients should be published to.
- Click the ‘Next’ button to move to the next step.
Fig 8 - Import Template II
- If all the details are correct click the ‘Finish’ button to import the template file.
Fig 9 - Import Details I
- The system will show the imported file under the ‘Details’ tab.
- The file will first have a status of ‘File Uploaded’ whilst the system attempts to process it.
- To monitor the progress click the ‘Refresh’ button.
Fig 10 - Import Details II
- After the system has imported the file the status of the file will change to ‘Processed - Price Update’.
- It also shows the number of items that were processed and the ones that had failed.
Fig 11 - Updated Ingredient
- Fig 11 above shows the successful addition of a pending update to an ingredient.
Fig 12 - Imported Template With Errors
- Should the system be unable to process one or more ingredients it will show this information under the ‘No. of items failed’ column as shown in Fig 12 above.
- To view the details of the ingredients that were not imported click on the excel icon.
Fig 13 - Exceptions File
- This will download update template and show the ingredients that failed to import in blue.
- Correct the items and attempt to re-import following the steps above.
- This functionality would need to be enabled by Fourth for other customers to use it.
Fig 14 - Security Permissions