How to: Process 'Right to Join' Request
- This document outlines the process for entering an employee into a pension scheme that is not a job holder but wishes to join the pension scheme. This process will be used for entitled workers only.
- To enter an employee in to a pension scheme select the employee’s pension record.
- Path>Pensions > Employees > employee list > select employee > employee pension info > Job-Holder Status > Opt In / Opt-out Information.
Fig 1 Opt in/Right to join information
- The date that the employee has requested to join the pension scheme should be entered in the ‘Date active membership for worker joining notice’ then select save.
- The system will check the pension reference period dates, and if the “date valid pension notice received” does not fall between these dates, it will change the date to the start of the pension reference period.
- A pension deduction will be created, with enrolment type = WWQE. The employees’ deduction will default to what is at group or pension scheme level.
- If the employee wants to contribution a different amount, the user will need to over-ride this at employee pension level.
- Note: The bands for pension deductions will not apply for enrolment type WWQE.