Employment Source Types can be set up to indicate where the employee was recruited from / how the employee heard about the role.
Setting up Employment Source Types
Select HR from the module drop-down
Fig.1 - HR Module
- Select Source Types from the Administration drop-down menu
Fig.2 - Administration Menu
The system does not default to having any Source options, therefore all of these will need to be created.
- To do so, select Create Source
Fig.3 - Create Source
- Enter a Description
This will be available to select in the Source drop-down in the Employee's Personal Details.
Fig.4 - Enter Description & Save
It is recommended to have an option set up as 'Other'. This is because if records are imported or the information has not been recorded for employees which have been with the company for a long time, then the information will still be accurate.
- Once a Source Type has been recorded under an employee file, that option will no longer be able to be deleted off the system
- Create more options if the company starts to advertise jobs in new places
Fig.5 - Source Type list
- Select Global Settings from the Administration drop-down
Fig.6 - Administration Menu
- Select Edit Default Employee Settings
Fig.7 - Edit Default Employee Settings
Tick the Show Source? box
Fig.8 -Show Source option
- Select Save
Fig.9 - Save
- Within an employee's Personal Details (select required Employee > Employee Info > Personal Details), there is a Source drop-down menu where a Source can be selected from the options set up earlier
Fig.10 - Select Source Type