Who needs to report on Gender Pay Gap?
If your business employs more than 250 employees, then from April 2017 you will be required to report on the Gender pay gap within your business. ACAS advises that "the regulations are still subject to the approval of Parliament and that the regulations are likely to commence from April 2017, from which point employers will have up to 12 months to publish this information.”
Their Key Points are:
- The Gender pay gap is not the same as equal pay or pay discrimination.
- The regulations apply to employers who employee 250 or more employees.
- Employers are required to publish the figures on the organisations website and submit evidence of compliance annually to the government.
- Employers will also need to calculate and publish three other types of figures:
- Gender bonus gap
- Proportion of men and women receiving a bonus
- Proportion of men and women working at each quartile of the organisations pay distribution.
For information on what to report, check out ACAS website. Click here.
The Government Draft regulations which include calculations can be found here.
Using your Fourth Solution
If employees are paid through the Payroll module, all the information with regards to what they have been paid will be available for export. If any members of the organisation are paid outside of the Payroll module, this data should be added.
The most efficient way of exporting the data is via Fourth Analytics. This will enable businesses to review their employee data holistically. For more information about FA please speak to your Customer Success Manager.
Alternatively, the information can be exported into Excel from various reports in your Fourth application, where the data can be further analysed by your business.
The following reports are examples that can be used to extract the data from the system.
- HMRC Reconciliation Report - this show employees Salary, Gender and their total pay to date. However it does not give a breakdown of payment types.
- Payroll Summary by Pay Basis - this report can be run for the period that covers the snapshot date.
- Custom reports in payroll - Custom reports can be built to report on specific payroll information for the past year, such as bonuses. Filters will need to be added.
- For help with what to include in the report and how to report it – Please contact your legal adviser
- For Technical issues when running reports – please contact the Fourth Service Team
- For more information about Fourth Analytics or further information on business processes that your Fourth Solution can support please speak to your Customer Success Manager about the options available
Please sign in to leave a comment.