How to Process Tronc
- Select the Tronc Module.
Fig. 1 Tronc Module
- To allocate employee ‘tronc’ rates, follow the quick link on the left hand side or select ‘Employee Rates’ from the ‘Employee’ dropdown.
Fig. 2 Select Employee Rate
- From the next screen search for the ‘Location’, ‘Division’, ‘job title’ or the specific ‘Surname’ of the employee/s to be included in Tronc.
Fig. 3 Tronc Search Screen
- To apply the same Tronc rate to all the employees the search returned, enter the number in the ‘Apply Rate to All’ field and click ‘Apply’.
Fig. 4 Apply Tronc Rate
- To amend Tronc rates on an individual basis, simply overtype the rate in the ‘Edit Employee Tronc Rate’ list.
- Remember to ‘Save’ any changes made at the bottom of the screen.
Fig. 5 Save Changes
- A Tronc fund will only be created once the correct number of rotas have been submitted to payroll. Please note that Tronc funds can be set up as weekly, bi-weekly or monthly, and the employees can be paid Tronc against their hours, shifts or on a purely merit basis (This will already be configured within the site).
Now to allocate the funds to the employees
- From the ‘Tronc Module Homepage’ select the relevant ‘open Tronc Fund’.
Fig. 6 Select Tronc Fund
- Below is a simple example of a ‘Tronc Fund Allocation’(Fields in black can be edited, grey fields are automatically populated).
Fig. 7 Tronc Fund Allocation
- If funds are carried forward they will be detailed here.
- Enter the total gained this period under Share Per Fund.
- And the percentage employees should be paid.
- To make a deduction from the total fund, enter here.
- Confirm how much to actually distribute as a maximum.
- Once the necessary fields have been completed, click 'Save'.
- After saving, the next screen is Fund Administration. Search for the location to work on and click on the relevant line to open the fund for allocation to employees.
Fig. 8 Fund Administration
- This can be accessed at any time once the fund has been allocated by selected Week List from the Fund Administration drop-down menu.
Fig. 9 Week List
- Once the fund is open, click Next to allocate to employees.
Fig. 10 Click Next
- Select the division to work on, note that there may be only one depending upon the settings for each company.
Fig. 11 Select Division
- This will open up the fund for that particular area.
Fig. 12 Selected Fund
- The system will automatically allocate the funds depending upon the hours worked, taken from the rota within this Tronc Period.
- Please note that depending on the settings, this screen may show the shifts worked or have free type areas for a merit based setting.
- There are fields within this page that are editable, and changes made will affect the totals being paid out.
- Employees can be omitted from a tronc period by ticking the relevant box, this will instantly clear all the payments in that row.
Fig. 13 Omit Employees
- The Hours Worked field is automatically populated by what has gone through on the relevant weeks rota (this will automatically populated on a shift basis as well).
Fig. 14 Hours Worked Field
- However, with certain access levels the Hours Worked can be amended by following the link at the top right hand side of the screen.
Fig. 15 Edit Week Breakdown
- This allows Hours Worked to be overwritten.
Fig. 16 Overwrite Hours Worked
- To cancel out of this area, click cancel changes.
Fig. 17 Cancel Changes
- Or to save the changes, click Save.
- Tronc rates can be amended from this page, which will update the total amount the employee will be paid for that period. (Please note that this does not affect their standard rate, it does not save back to their HR record).
Fig. 18 Amend Tronc Rate
- If there is an additional bonus to be paid to an employee, or a deduction that needs to be taken off, this needs to be entered in the Extra/Deduction field. E.g, to pay a £50 bonus, enter 50, or to deduct £15 for a breakage, enter -15. The total will be automatically calculated.
Fig. 19 Extras and Deductions
- Once extras or deductions have been added to the period, double check that the Tronc Paid Out is what should be paid.
Fig. 20 Tronc Paid Out
- Once completely happy with the period, click 'Save'.
Fig. 21 - Save Button
- Best practice would be to have another person check the amounts prior to closing the tronc period, by going back in after it has been saved.
- The final step is to close the period and submit to payroll. From within the open Tronc Period, click on the tick box at the top right hand side of the screen to 'Close Period'.
Fig. 22 Close Period Button
- And then click 'Save'.
Fig. 23 Save Button
- Doing this prompts a pop up screen, to confirm simply click ‘OK’.
Fig. 24 Pop Up Screen
- The Tronc will then be forwarded to payroll for payment. On the Tronc Homepage the period will now appear in the lower section for ‘Last Closed Tronc Fund’.