Suppliers can be replaced and removed from a Site when they are no longer required.
This article describes the process of replacing, archiving and removing a Supplier from a Site in Inventory (formerly known as FnB R9).
Before Replacing the Supplier
Ensure that the Supplier who will replace the existing one is added to the Company’s Supplier list.
To do so:
- In the Master Data tab, select All Options and then Browse Suppliers
Fig.1 – Browse Suppliers Option
The ‘Supplier Management’ page will display.
- Enter the Supplier Name
If the required Supplier does not exist within the Company, proceed to the Adding a New Supplier section of this article.
Fig.2 – Supplier Master Data List
Adding a New Supplier
- In the ‘Supplier Management’ page, select Add New Supplier
Fig.3 – Add New Supplier Link
- Search for the required Supplier by full name or first letter of their name
- Select the required Supplier
- Select the No Sites radio button
Fig.4 – Supplier Search
- Select Save
This will add the Supplier to the Company.
Fig.5 – Save Option
Fig.6 – Supplier Successfully Added
Before Replacing a Supplier
There are a number of things that must be considered and checked before replacing a Supplier.
- There must be no pending deliveries or credits open for the Supplier that requires replacing. If there is even one pending document in a training site, live site or test site then the replace will fail and the product list will be duplicated
- If possible, ask the affected Sites to get last orders in and approved at a specific time and date. This allows a window for replacing the Supplier before the next orders for those goods which need to be placed
- It may not be possible to have a window where there are no pending documents (e.g. every day deliveries), and so in these cases it is advised that the documents are approved (with false numbers) to allow the replacement to happen. The documents can be re-opened as soon as replacement has occurred
- When re-opened, the documents can be approved in as usual
Please Note: The Supplier details for pending deliveries will not be changed in the replacement. Once re-opened, the original Supplier information will be there to allow for correct Invoice matching.
Processing Pending Deliveries
- In Site Level, select the Stock Management tab
- In the Pending tab, search for any pending deliveries from the Supplier which is to be replaced
- Select the required pending deliveries
Fig.7 – Pending Documents
- If the goods were actually delivered, then fill the actual Delivery Note Number and Approve into stock
- If the good were never delivered or never will be, then Delete the delivery
- If the goods were not actually delivered but are expected in the future, Approve the delivery into stock, taking a note of the Delivery Number so as to re-open it once the replacement process has occurred
Please Note: When approving multiple deliveries that have not actually been delivered, use the same code e.g. CAS, and add a number as it’s easier to search by this code to re-open.
When there are no pending documents left, it is now possible to move to the next step of replacing the Supplier.
Replacing a Supplier
- Go to the Setup tab
Fig.8 – Setup Tab
- Select the All Options drop-down menu, then Replace Supplier
Fig.9 – Replace Supplier Option
- Search for the Supplier to be replaced
- Select the required Supplier, in this instance Beverage Supplier 1
Fig.10 – Replace Supplier
- Then select the Supplier to replace the original
Fig.11 – Supplier to Replace Original
The final step is to update this change to Site level.
- Expand the tree to select the Sites where this change will occur
- Select Save
Please Note: All Sites must be updated, even if it is an old site or a training site. If any site is not updated, the replacement will not be successful and the product list will be duplicated.
Fig.12 – Site Choices
- Once the replacement has occurred, check the Product List tab to confirm there are no Products still in the list
This is a double check to ensure the process was successful.
Fig.13 – Confirmation Message
Removing a Supplier from Site
- If a Supplier needs to be removed from a Site, go to the Where Used tab and select Remove Supplier from Site
Fig.14 – Remove Supplier From Site
A pop-up box will appear.
- Tick the Site which the Supplier should be removed from
- Select Save
Fig.15 – Site Choices
- An alert will display confirming is this is the action to be carried out, select OK
Fig.16 – Confirmation Pop-Up
Archiving the Supplier
The Supplier then needs to be archived.
- Select the required Supplier in the ‘Supplier Management’ page and select the Edit Detail tab
- Scroll down and select Archive
Fig.17 – Archive Option
The Supplier is now archived and will not be used at any Site, has no Product relationships and cannot be viewed on the list of Live Suppliers.
Re-Opening Approved Deliveries
Once the replacement has occurred, it is advised to re-open the previously approved Delivery Notes (see the ‘Processing Pending Deliveries’ section) immediately.
Only re-open those which have not yet been actually received at Site Level.
- In the Stock Management tab, select the Approved tab
- Select the document to be re-opened and select Re-Open
Fig.18 – Approved Documents
- Remove the Document Number that was entered
When the actual Delivery is received, this can be approved in as normal.