This article outlines the process of sending out documentation from the Pension module as the various trigger points are met in the system.
For all Pensions related articles, please see WFM UK - Pensions: Article Contents Page.
If the system is configured for General postponement notices, once the initial staging process has been completed or a new starter is created, the postponement letters will be available to generate.
If the system is configured for Tailored postponement notices, the postponement letters will be available once the first Payroll is closed.
After the initial staging process, when each pay run is closed, an assessment is completed to calculate employee contribution to the Pension. This process will trigger any enrollment or right to opt in/join documentation that is required.
To access this information, select Send Out Documentation
Sending out Documentation
- Go to Pension > Pension Process > Send out Documentation
Fig.1 - Documentation Search Screen
- Select the Company and Pay Basis from the drop-down menus
- It is possible to search by the type of document by selecting an item from the Type of Document Due list, seen in Fig.2
Fig.2 - Employees with Documentation to be Sent
If employees have an email address in the 'Personal Email Address' field in the HR module, the system will automatically select the 'Email' field. If the employee does not have an email address, ‘Post’ will be selected.
The number of documents to be sent will be visible, as in Fig.3.
Fig.3 - Number of Documents to be Sent
Bulk Document Generation
- When the search criteria has been defined, select Search and the system will display all employees who require documentation to be sent to them and the due date
When all selected documentation is ready to be sent:
- Select Process
If more than 10 documents are required, the process will run in the background and use of other areas of the system is enabled.
An email notification will be sent when the job has been completed if an email address is held within the HR record.
As the emails are sent, the number of emails will reduce when the ‘Send Out Documentation’ page is refreshed. Jobs are picked up every 30 minutes; this number may not reduce in the first half hour.
When all of the emails in the job have been sent, the ‘Post’ file will become available.
- When the notification email has been received, select View Processed Documents, seen in Fig.4
Fig.4 - Viewing Documentation for Post
- Select the hyperlink to display documents in order to download the post file to print
Fig.5 - Posting Documentation
When documentation has been sent, a record will be held on each employee’s record for auditing purposes.
- To view the documents, go to Employee list > Employee > Employee Pension Info > Document Management
Individual Letter Generation/Template Testing
To test a newly uploaded letter template or if there are under 10 letters to be generated, the process is similar to that described above.
- To generate an individual letter when multiple letters are listed, Deselect All
- Select an Employee Letter by checking the Email or Post field as required
- Select Process
Fig.6 - De-Selecting all Letters
When this has been completed, ‘Yes’ will be shown in the ‘Ready to Post or Email’ column, seen in Fig.7.
Fig.7 - Showing letters as Ready to Post or Email
- Select Post Documents
The letter or letters will appear on screen in .PDF format.
Resetting a Letter for Regeneration
If the employee letter tested was not satisfactory, the employee’s record can be reset so a new letter can be generated in the preferred format.
- Access the ‘Employees Information Dates’ screen
- Go to Employee list > Employee > Employee Pension Info > Employee Information Dates
When a letter is generated from the ‘Send Out Documentation’ page, the date is written back to the Employee Information Dates page.
Using Fig.8 as an example, a General A Postponement letter was generated on the 12th November 2013.
- To regenerate a Postponement A letter for this employee, this original date can be removed. The employee will appear back in the ‘Send Out Documentation’ list
Fig.8 - Employee Information Dates
The same applies for the following fields:
- Postponement A delivered date
- Postponement B delivered date
- Postponement Period Tailored Notice delivered
- Postponement Period Tailored Notice for Entitled Workers Delivered
- Postponement Notification Sent to Employee
- Automatic Enrollment Info Sent to Employee
- Opt in Notice Received Sent
- Membership Info Sent for Active Scheme members on Staging Date
- EJ Postponement Sent
- Right to Opt In Info Sent to Jobholder
- Right to Join Info sent to Worker
- Right to Join Notice Received Sent