The Ingredient Replacement functionality is a quick way to replace one Product or Sub-Recipe for another in multiple Recipes.
This article describes the process of using the Ingredient Replacement, along with further information on the fields within the process.
Using the Ingredient Replacement
- Go to Recipes > Ingredient Replacement
The Ingredient Replacement screen will display, as seen in Fig.1. The fields within this screen are as follows:
- Replace Ingredient - Enter the Product/Recipe Number to be replaced
- With Ingredient - Enter the Product/Recipe Number to replace with
- Replaced By - Enter the name of the user who is signed into the system
- Replaced On - Enter the date of the replacement
Fig.1 - Ingredient Replacement Screen
- To select a Recipe/Product to replace, select the elipsis . . . icon in the Replace Ingredient field
Fig.2 - Elipsis . . . Icon
The Item Search screen will display (see Fig.3).
- Use the fields within the screen to search for and select the required Product or Recipe
Fig.3 - Item Search Screen
- Repeat the process in the With Ingredient field
Once an item is selected in both fields, a list of all Recipes containing the item will populate the 'Recipe List' area of the screen, as seen in Fig.4.
Fig.4 - Recipe List
The list generated will contain all the Recipes which contain the item within the Replace Ingredient field. The information under each column details the setup of the Ingredient for each Recipe that it is in. When the Ingredient is replaced, it will use the same details as listed.
- If any changes need to be made to the Quantity, Unit etc, edit these within the Recipe Center
- Use the Select tick boxes to choose all Recipes to be updated, then select Replace
Please Note: Not all Recipes within the list will be able to be used in the Ingredient Replacement functionality. Any Recipes which cannot be used will display as greyed-out. For more information on why a Recipe cannot be used, hover the mouse cursor over it.
When using this function, allergens for the new Ingredient will automatically update with the Recipe. It will not remove any allergens from the Ingredient which has been replaced.
- To remove allergens from a Recipe after this process, edit within the Recipe Center