This article details various troubleshooting tips and areas to check regarding Holiday issues including Holiday Allowance and Holiday Accrual within HR & Payroll (formerly known as People System).
Holiday Accrual Calculation
The calculation for Holiday Accrual is as follows:
Allowance x (days difference between Holiday year start date to current date ÷ days difference between Holiday year start date and end date)
For those employees that have started after the Holiday year start date:
Allowance x (days difference between employee start date to current date ÷ days difference between employee year start date and Holiday Year end date)
Question / Problem: Holiday Accrual Calculating Incorrectly
Holidays can display incorrectly if the Rotas have not been submitted for an employee. Holiday accrual will not update until these Rotas have been submitted.
Question / Problem: Casual Holiday Calculation Issue
Changes to Portal
When changes have been made to a Portal within Fourth, Holiday accrual can occasionally not transfer over. It is best practice to speak to your Fourth contact to resolve this issue.
Employee Holiday Override
Question / Problem: Employee Holiday Override Issue
The Employee Holiday Override function can occasionally cause Holiday accrual issues.
- Go to HR > Employees > Employee Batch Update > input the employee number > Employee Attribute > Holiday Allowance Calculated
- Change to Yes for either individual employees or use the Is Holiday Allowance Calculated? Radio button to apply to all
Question / Problem: Zero Holiday Allowance for an Employee
Job Title Setup
Employees having 0 Holiday Allowance allocated to them can be due to the setup of the Job Title that they are on. This error sometimes occurs if there is no Full Time Equivalent (FTE) setup and no Holiday Allowance allocated for this Job Title.
- Go to HR > Company Admin > Job Titles
- Select the required Job Title
- Select Edit Default Holidays
- Enter Figures into the required fields
Please Note: The basic Holiday Allowance should be the allowance for this Job Title for a full time employee, provided they work the normal full time working hours and shifts.
The Holiday Override setting being switched on can lead to no Holiday Allowance being allocated to an employee if a figure of zero is entered.
To remove the override:
- Go to HR > Employees > Employee Batch Update
- Select Yes for the Holiday Allowance Calculated setting
The portal will then display the Holiday Allowance figure calculated by the system.
Question / Problem: Increasing Holiday Allowance
To alter the increment on the allowed Holidays per year, go to:
- HR > Administration > Global Settings > Edit Default Holiday Settings > select Job Title > Add Yearly Increment (depending whether full time or flexible staff)
This will set up an automatic increment on the Holidays according to the amendment on the Job Title.
Question / Problem: Holiday Allowance too High
Multiple Simultaneous Changes
Holiday allowance can be too high due to multiple major changes to an employee being made at around the same time. This can lead to the hours worked being incorrectly calculated. To resolve this issue, the average days worked of the employee need to be manually updated.
To do so:
- Go to HR > Employees > Employee Batch Update > search for and select an employee
- Set the Employee Attribute as Flexible Holiday Override
- Select the Override tick box > change Days / Week as required > Save
This can occur due to the setting of Holiday Allowance Calculated being set to No and Days Allowed being input to a set number.
To amend, go to:
- HR > Employees > Employee List > search for and select Employee > Employee Info > Employment Details
- Edit Holiday Allowance Calculated to Yes > Edit Days Allowed
If the user does not have access to conduct this process, it can be completed via the Employee Batch Update.
- To do so, go to HR > Employees > Employee Batch Update > search for and select the Employee
- Set the Employee Attribute to Holiday Allowance Calculated
Question / Problem: Holiday Hours Displaying Incorrectly on Rota
Incorrect Holiday Allowance
Employees receiving the incorrect Holiday allowance can cause the Holiday hours to display incorrectly on the Rota.
- Go to HR > Employees > Employee List > search for and select the Employee > Employee Info > Employment Details
- Tick to Override FTE > Amend FTE hours / days to actual working hours / days > Save
- Delete and re-create the Holidays so they display with the correct amount of hours
WFM - Holiday Troubleshooting Articles