The Custom VAT Codes page is used to view and maintain non-standard VAT codes in the system. From here, existing codes can be viewed, edited and added.
Searching for Custom VAT Codes
The upper section of the page is used to search for existing custom VAT codes - specify search criteria as summarised below:
- VAT Code. Specify the required VAT code (or part of it). When searching by VAT Code it is best practice to specify the shortest possible code or even just a couple of letters; this avoids confusion with possible spelling/typing errors.
- Status. Use the drop-down list to display all custom VAT codes of a given status (e.g. Active or Inactive).
Having specified required criteria, click Search to perform the search and list matched codes below. Alternatively, use alphabetical markers to browse the list alphabetically.
Working with Custom VAT Codes
Custom VAT codes are displayed in a list where the following information is shown for each entry:
- VAT Code. A VAT code can be a maximum of three alpha/numeric characters.
- VAT Code Name. The full name associated with the custom VAT code.
- VAT Rate. The percentage VAT rate that applies for the code.
- Status. The current status of the VAT rate (e.g. Active or Inactive).
- Valid From. When a custom VAT code is added, a date can be set to determine when the code comes into effect; this date is shown here.
- Valid To. This date is calculated based upon existing VAT codes. The last Valid To date will always be 'forever' and all previous codes will end a day before the next one begins.
- Last Modified By. The name of the user who last changed the code.
- Last Modified Date. The date that the VAT code was last changed.
[Note!] An up/down arrow is shown against the column heading that is currently being used to sort the list of codes. An up arrow indicates that the list is sorted in ascending order and a down arrow indicates that the list is sorted in descending order.
From here you can:
- Select any custom VAT code to access the Custom VAT Code Maintenance page and update or delete the code.
- Click Add New Custom VAT Code to create a new code.