This article describes the processes and steps of the candidate journey when applying to a vacancy within the Applicant Tracking System (ATS).
Finding a Vacancy
Vacancies can be searched for on Job Boards and Company Websites.
Fig.1 – Job Board
Fig.2 – Company Website
The Apply on Company Site button on the Job Advert within the Job Board will direct the user to ATS.
Fig.3 – Apply on Company Site Button
The Career page of the Consumer site will also direct applicants to ATS where vacancies can be searched for.
Fig.4 – ATS Vacancies
The ATS landing page contains multiple vacancies, details of the fields within this page are described below:
- Postcode – Search by Postcode or Location
- Distance – Search by distance from Postcode
- Role Type – Search by Role Type
- Restaurant – Search by Restaurant Location
- Latest Jobs – Vacancies are listed on this page in order of ‘Most Recently Added’
Fig.5 – Vacancies Landing Page
When a vacancy is selected, the Vacancy detail page will display the following information:
- Role and Location
- Salary Details
- Full Role Details
Fig.6 – Vacancy Details
Each company has its own unique application form and the form will require personal information.
Please Note: The email address used on the application form will be used for all subsequent communication in the process.
The application form may require a CV and further information.
Scoring, Weighting & Auto-Regret
- Questions may be mandatory or optional. Mandatory questions are marked with an asterisk
- Certain answers are included to prevent the candidate from applying. In this case, an explanation will be provided and the Apply button at the end of the form will be disabled
- Certain answers to some questions can lead to automatic rejection of the candidate. In this case, the candidate will still be allowed to apply, but they will receive an email explaining that their application has not been successful
- Some questions contribute to an application form score, but it is not disclosed whether questions are scored
Fig.7 – Further Questions on Application Form
Creating an Account
At the end of the application process, the system will request that an account is created through choosing a password. This allows secure communication with the candidate throughout the process.
Once an account has been created, ATS will auto-populate personal details for other applications.
Fig.8 – Account Creation
At the end of the application form, the Privacy Notice and the Terms & Conditions must be accepted.
The first time that a role is applied for within ATS, the system will ask if the candidate is happy for their details to be entered into the talent pool. This setting can be changed within the My Account section at any time.
Fig.9 – Privacy Notice
Stage 1 – Application Received
An automatically generated email will be sent once the application has been submitted, confirming that it has been received.
Fig.10 – Automated Email
Stage 2 – Invitation to Interview
When an invitation to interview is sent out, an automatically generated email will also be sent containing the date and time slots offered.
The email contains a link that directs the users to the My Applications section of ATS where one of the available date / time splits can be selected and confirmed.
Fig.11 – Interview Slot Selection
The ATS system sends SMS messages to the candidate to correlate with email correspondence at positive stages of the process.
SMS messages can also be used to request a call back when a phone call has been attempted, or for some ad-hoc communications.
When a job offer is made to an applicant, an automatically generated email is sent, this contains a link which will direct the user to the My Applications section of ATS where the offer can be reviewed and accepted.
Fig.12 – Job Offer
On boarding Stage
When the job offer has been accepted, the option to send the applicant a contract will be available.
The candidate will be sent a confirmation email from ATS and a second email requesting an electronic signature, this will connect with the digital contract.
Please Note: When the contract is opened, please have bank details and a National Insurance Number to hand as the contract needs to be completed in one go.
Fig.13 – Contract Signature
A final email will be sent to the candidate to confirm that their contract has been received, and a message will display on screen to confirm the updated status.
When a candidate is regretted or rejected, they will receive an automatically generated email to inform them of the rejection and their application will be automatically filed within ATS.
A candidate account is automatically created when applying for a job with a company for the first time. The account can be logged into at any stage of the recruitment process and it contains all the information related to the candidate and the vacancy applied for.
The ‘My Account’ section contains the following sub-sections:
- Personal Information – Details can be edited within this page, e.g. Email Address, phone number
- My Applications – Review the status of applications
- Account Settings – Change password, change Talent Pool setting and make a Data Request (GDPR)
- My Documents – View documents linked to the account
- Log Out – Log out of the account
WFM - Applicant Tracking System (ATS) Articles