OverviewThis article explains and demonstrates how the Tronc2 module can be used to distribute a Tronc fund to the employees within each location.
Recording & Allocating TroncTronc can be completed daily, by sessions, or over a specified period such as monthly. In order to complete a Tronc allocation, please follow these steps:
Allocation of Tronc Rates
- Within the portal, select Tronc2 > Administration > Fund Administration and select the required location from the drop down list.
- In order to enter the Tronc rates for the employees, first select the required Tronc fund on the left hand side of the page. Now, in the bottom right of the screen, you will see the Tronc fund options.
Fig 1 – Tronc Fund Options
- Select Assign Divisions > Employees. This will display the employee Tronc allocation screen.
Fig 2 – Tronc Allocation Screen
- On the Tronc allocation screen, enter the Tronc rates for each individual employee. If an employee’s pay is not calculated from the rota, a ‘Tronc Hours’ amount may be entered instead, for example, someone who is contracted to 40 hours a week will have the number ‘40’ entered into the Tronc hours column.
- Once completed, select ‘save’ at the bottom of the screen.
Recording the Tronc BalanceThe next step, once Tronc rates have been allocated to the employees, is to record the amount of Tronc that is available to be paid out. Within the Tronc2 module, go to Receipts > Record Receipts and select the required location from the drop down list.
Fig 3 – Record Receipts Screen
- The start date has been pre-populated from the previous end date. The end date to be entered needs to be the end date that relates to the rota end date, so for instance if your rota runs Monday to Monday it should reflect this. Next to that, the hours that the rota ends on needs to be entered; this will be ‘0000’.
- Finally, enter the amount of Tronc that is available for distribution. Once happy, select save.
Note: The end date and time of the Tronc period needs to match the start of the next period. If midnight (0000) is not entered, Tronc will not work correctly.
Allocating Tronc ReceiptsThe next stage of the process is to allocate the Tronc to the relevant funds. Select Receipts > Allocate Receipts and select the relevant location to view the fund allocation screen.
Fig 4 – Fund Allocation Screen
- The ‘Current Balance’ will display and money that has been carried forward from previous weeks.
- Allocate the relevant monetary amount into the ‘Allocated £’ field. If splitting between multiple Tronc funds, this can split here. In the example above, only the ‘Tronc2’ fund is being used.
- The ‘Allocated %’ field will automatically display a percentage that has been previously entered at a set up stage, once the ‘Allocated £’ field has been entered.
- Deductions can also be made from the fund on this page if required.
- The figure which is now in the ‘New Balance’ column will be what is to be allocated to employees.
Finalising Tronc Allocation to EmployeesThe final process is to ensure the Tronc allocation to each employee is correct. Go to Payments > Employee Payments and select the correct location, Tronc fund and Tronc period from the drop down options. If this is done daily or monthly, it is important to check this as Tronc2 allows more than one period to be open at a time.
Fig 5 – Fund Allocation Screen
- Each employee will be listed, alongside the hours worked, which has been calculated using the submitted payroll.
- The Tronc rate will also be displayed, from the figures that were entered earlier in the Tronc allocation screen. It is possible to alter the Tronc rates on this screen, which will then submit as a one off change. Any future fund allocations will revert back to the original Tronc allocation.
- And extras/deductions can also be included on this page, which will alter the payout accordingly.
- If an employee is paid by a set amount of hours, but have worked a different amount of hours for that week, it is possible to alter this using the ‘refresh’ tick box and select the ‘Refresh from Rota’ button at the bottom of the screen. This will then calculate the hours from the rota. An example of this is, if a salaried employee is set up to be paid for 40 hours, but has worked 48 that week, select the refresh tick box.
- The ‘omit’ tick box can be selected if a specified employee is not to receive any Tronc allocation.
- The ‘Paid Out’ column displays the amount of Tronc that each individual employee will receive.
- Once any of the required modifications have been made, select the ‘Submit to Payroll’ button at the bottom of the screen, or select ‘Save’ to save the allocation in progress.
Note: When selecting save, it is important to re-check the figures before submitting to payroll.