How to Create a Holiday
- Under the HR module, go into the employee list.
- Find the employee that has requested the holiday and select the name to enter their personal file.
- From the employee’s HR page select “Create a holiday request” on the top right hand side.
- Alternatively go into the Employee HR Info Dropdown and select holidays, where the ‘Create a holiday request’ link can also be accessed.
- Select the date range that the employee requires. The easiest way is to use the calendar icon on the right.
- Once the dates have been entered, click onto ‘Calculate Number of Days’ – which works out how many days the employee has requested. If this is correct then select ‘Save’ to save the request.
- Once the holiday request has been saved each day will come up as an individual request, and until authorised by a line manager will show as unauthorised. Requests can also be deleted from this view.
- If a day requested falls on an employees scheduled day off then select unpaid which will not take the day out of their holiday allowance.
- At the bottom left of the screen there is a clear record of how many days per year the employee has been allocated, how many of those days they have accrued and how many days have been taken to date.
- Once ‘save’ is pressed the holiday information is updated and the booking complete on the system. This can be deleted at anytime before the holiday is taken.
- The Holiday has been created!