Using Fourth's time and attendance solution allows managers to administer employee’s hours accurately, meaning that they will be paid fairly for exactly what they are working. This article will provide guidance and instructions on using the functionality.
Log in to the Fourth People and Payroll solution and select the Rotas module
Fig.1 - Selecting the Rotas module
- Select the current weeks’ rota to open it and use the Weekly Attendance button to see an overview of the time and attendance for each department
Fig.2 - Weekly Attendance button
Fig.3 - Weekly Attendance screen
Fig.4 - Attendance Icons
- To see the actual clock-in and out times for an employee, select the actual clock icon on the screen.
Fig.5 - Viewing Clock-in & Out Times
- Job A - if these times should be associated with the employee’s main job
- Job B - If these times should be associated with the employee’s multiple employment
- Unassign – If there are more clock-in/out times on the screen caused by the employee clocking in and out for breaks and the system is calculating the incorrect time
Fig.6 - Assigning Hours
- When happy with the times recorded, select the Copy T&A Times button (see Fig.7)
Fig.7 - The Copy T&A Times button
- Alternatively, the times can be overridden by typing in the actual times to be paid in the Time 1 / Time 2 boxes for single/double shifts
- Attendance records are also viewable on the Day Content screen by selecting the day of the week from the open rota
Fig.8 - Day Content Screen
Time & Attendance ReportingWithin the HR module, there are two reports which can be accessed to check time and attendance information.
- Under the reports dropdown, select the Weekly Attendance Report
- Use the filtering fields to search for the employee/employee's details and enter a date from
Fig.9 - Weekly Attendance Report
Alternatively, there is functionality within each employee file.
- From the Employee Summary, go to Employee HR Info > T&A Records
- Select one of the options from the Range drop-down
- Choosing Custom allows for specific dates to be used
Fig.10 - T&A Records Report