Structure Type: Property Only
Navigation: Inventory > Maintain guides
An outlet’s guide represents the list of all products and recipes, which are used in an outlet. Products are grouped by category or by location, dependent on an outlet’s setup. There is one guide for a "category" outlet in the system and a separate guide for a "location" outlet in each location.
Category Outlet is an outlet where the products are stored according to the categories they belong to. For example wines, spirits, or juice.
Location Outlet is an outlet where the products are stored according to their location. For example, products may be stored in different refrigerators with each fridge having a number assigned.
The guides are used for the following purposes:
- The guide keeps the list of all outlet's products and allows a user to assign an account for a product different from the account assigned in the Product Details. This way, we can account costs for the same product on different accounts in different outlets.
- The guide limits the list of products when a user creates a purchase requisition template. This way, while creating a purchase requisition a user selects products only from the products that are available on the outlet’s guide and not from all products in the system.
- The guide allows assigning for a product par and reordering values, which are used in the Reorder report.
A product (or recipe) is automatically added to an outlet's guide after any action that creates stock in the outlet, namely:
- A product is added to an outlet's guide after a purchase order is created and posted.
- A product or a recipe is added to an outlet's guide after an outlet requisition is created and posted (where this outlet is the ordering outlet).
- A product or a recipe is added to an outlet's guide after a transfer is created and posted (where this outlet is the ordering outlet).
- A product or a recipe is added to an outlet's guide after an inventory adjustment operation at Inventory > Inventory Adjustment.
- A product or a recipe can be added to an outlet's guide manually on the Guide Details screen.
Fig 1 - Outlet Guides
|Details||Select an outlet or a location in the list and click this button to open the Guide Details screen.|
|Outlet Number||The number of an outlet.|
|Outlet Name||The name of an outlet.|
|Location Number||The number of a location (only for "location" outlets).|
|Location Name||The name of a location (only for "location" outlets).|