The ChangeThe SMP functionality and associated screens are being updated to provide more information and increased validation options for data input.
Release Date: 26-Feb-2015
What this means for you?There will be no changes to your existing processes and calculations when we deploy this functionality.
You will see additional information on the SMP screens.
Your Fourth Payroll Bureau contact will be in touch with you to discuss how these changes could benefit you and then plan to activate them for your system if required.
Reason for the Changes
- It was a manual exercise to change Employers Pension contributions when employees were on paid maternity leave. Due to Automatic Enrolment, and the increased number of employees in pension schemes, the system has been updated to automate this process.
- SMP payments were always paid in full weeks, and for only the number of full weeks in the pay period. The employer has a choice on whether to continue with this payment method, or whether they want to align SMP payments with the pay period, for employees who are paid monthly.
- There is a new global setting to allow this choice at pay basis level.
- The system will now record KIT days on the SMP record.
- Auditing can now be viewed within the SMP screens.
- Where the document refers to SHPP, the changes made are in preparation for the development of the Shared Parental Leave Functionality