Question/Problem: Flexible Employee Holiday Allowance is Incorrect
Fig.1 – Holiday Settings for Flexible Staff settings
Are increments set up on the Job Title? If yes, check this is entered correctly. This should be entered in weeks with a maximum days allowed.
Is the Flexible Holiday Overridden? An override will prevent the employees allowance from flexing.
- HR > Employees > Employee Batch update > Choose attribute of Flexible Holiday Override
If overridden, ensure a summary is entered, as well as the hours and days per week. Please note: Flexible Holiday Override will stop the system calculating holiday so it’s best practice to remove overrides.
Fig.2 – Flexible Holiday Override details
Have all employee hours been entered on the rota?
- Check the number of Hours displaying in the pop-up window by selecting the ? next to Average Hours in the Holiday page. The average hours may have dropped
- Check the Employee Hours Worked export (Rota > Reports > Exports) to check the number of days worked
Please note: Hours entered as Back Pay in the Payroll module are not included in the Flexible Holiday Calculation, unless Additional Holiday Pay has been enabled – (See WFM Release Note – Additional Holiday Pay Global Settings - release notes cannot be viewed by all Community members)
- Has the employee had any single day absences in the last 52 weeks?
- Check the employee’s record or Employee Hours Worked export
- If yes, check the Absence Types been configured to include absences in holiday calculation
- If Holiday Allowance Calculation is unticked - Holiday Calculation may be lower than expected
- If Holiday Allowance Calculation is ticked - Ensure the correct number of boxes has been ticked in the absence. Too many boxes ticked will result in the employee’s holiday being higher than expected
- HR > Administration > Absence Types
Fig.3 - Include in Holiday Allowance Calculation in Absence Type settings
Please note: If Fig.3 is not visible, the Global Setting in Holiday Calculations must be enabled.
Has the employee’s employment status changed from Full-time to Flexible?
- If yes – The system does not pro rata and therefore is not considering the period of Full-time. Calculate the days accrued up until the change and then add these as a negative into the employee’s record
Maximum Days Allowed
- Global Settings > Edit Default Holiday > Holiday Calculation
- Is the cap on to stop employees from receiving more than 28 days entitlement? If the employee works 6 days a week over 52 weeks, they will accrue more than 28 days. There is a Global Setting to define this
- Is the cap on a pro rata basis? If not, an employee working 6 days a week over 52 weeks will accrue more than their pro-rated entitlement. For example, an employee starting 6 months into the year would be entitled to 17 days not 14 days
Fig.4 – Holiday Calculation settings for Flexible Staff
For new employees, the allowance is the default 28 days until the first rota has been submitted to Payroll, which then calculates an allowance based on that data. This will change as more rotas are submitted.
Question/Problem: Casual Holiday Allowance is incorrect
Hours do not reset when the Holiday Year changes, therefore holiday will be calculated from the employee’s start date. Holiday is calculated at 12.07% of hours worked on a submitted rota. Ensure rotas are submitted to Payroll each week for the holiday to calculate.
Question/Problem: Salaried Holiday Allowance is incorrect
Check the job title set up for the holiday allowance – Is the job title set up as 5.6 weeks? This may be 4 if the employee does not work bank holidays so the allowance may be less than expected.
Fig.5 – Holiday Settings for Full-time and Part-time staff
Basic Holiday Allowance
Is the Basic Holiday Allowance as expected? Please note: FTE Working Days should always be 5 days even if the Job Title is part time.
- Enable Override FTE to override a part time employee. This is available in the employee batch update
Has an increment been added?
- Enter Increments as the total year’s entitlement, not just the additional days allowed
- HR > Employees > Employee Batch Update > Select attribute of Holiday Allowance Calculated
- Enter the total days allowed in the current holiday year in the box
Please note: This may need to be moved back to Yes at the beginning of the new holiday year.
Fig.6 – Holiday Allowance Calculated settings
Question/Problem: Holiday for an employee does not show on the Payroll module
- Confirm the Daily Rate is not zero
- Confirm the employee has been scheduled on the rota - are Average Hours and Average Days populated?
- Check the Flexible Holiday Override in the Employee Batch Update screen
- If the Summary is 0 the day rate will calculate as 0
- Holiday pay calculation is: (Holiday Days Taken in Current Pay Period) x (Average Summary Rate) x (Hourly or Shift Rate of Pay).
- Anything multiplied by zero of course equals zero
- Average Summary Rate = Total Pay including Holiday Pay in the last 52 weeks ÷ the number of days worked including holiday days in the last 52 weeks ÷ hourly rate
Question/Problem: Day Rate is incorrect (Flexible Employees only)
Please note: This is an indicative value that updates overnight.
- Any hours entered as Back Pay will not be included in the Day Rate Calculation – Confirm all hours been entered in the rota
- Are all payment types being included in the holiday pay calculation?
- HR > Administration > Global Settings > Edit Default Holiday > Holiday Calculation. Calculate Holiday based on Gross Pay for the period