The purpose of this article is to demonstrate how to Import Outlet Sales. Outlet Sales are required to fully generate the Summary Usage Analysis report
Importing Outlet Sales
- Create an Excel file with the following criteria in the columns: Outlet Number, Posted Date, Sales, Comments. The file should then be saved as either an xls or xlsx file format, as per Fig 1.
- Outlet Number: can be found under Property > Setup > Location > Outlet.
- Posted Date: can be any date within the current period. However, if the property has “Allow Modifications in Closed Period” enabled, then any date may be placed.
- Sales: will be the sales amount in the currency of the property and may be modified after the file is imported.
- Comments: is a free-form field that can be modified after the file is imported.
Fig 1 - Outlet Sales Excel File
- Go to Accounting>Period Reporting>Import Outlet Sales, as per Fig 2.
- Click the "..." button to locate the outlet sales excel (.xls/.xlsx) file saved on the computer as per Fig 3.
Fig 3 - The "..." button opens the search screen
- After finding and selecting the file, click Open. The file will then automatically start loading into Adaco, as per Fig 4.
- Click Save.
Incorrect Outlet Sales import
- If any field is not filled out in the Excel file, then this will cause errors to appear when the file is loaded, as per Fig 5.
Fig 5 - Outlet sales excel file with missing fields
- Hovering over the red X’s will display the reason why this is appearing in the field as per Fig 6.
Fig 6 - Errors in Outlet Sales Import
Outlet Sales Access Right
- The all or nothing Access Right, which will need to be assigned to a User Group to grant access for this function, is located at Property>Setup>User Groups>User Groups.
- Double-click the specific User Group
- In the Main Menu list, click Accounting.
- Select the Import Outlet Sales check box as per Fig 7.
- Click Save to apply the change.
Fig 7 - Import Outlet Sales access right