The ChangeA new Alert and Export have been developed. They show all salaried employees whose rate of pay is below the national minimum wage (NMW) for a given pay period.
Reason for the Change
Salaried employees who are included in the rota are scheduled to work certain hours each day; irrespective of these hours they are paid their standard salary. In some circumstances this could result in employees working more hours than covered by their standard salary. The risk then incurred is that employees being are paid below the NMW in a given pay period.
This alert and export has been developed in order for People System customers to run a check to understand whether any of their employees are falling below the NMW. Customers are then able to take appropriate and timely actions with their impacted employees.
All People System customers.
- Employees will appear on the alert and export if their calculated gross pay is less than the calculated NMW.
- The gross pay is calculated as follows:
- The NMW is calculated as follows:
- If the salary is changed during the pay period then a pro-rata gross annual pay based on the number of days worked at the different salaries.
- If the NMW rate changes in the reporting period due to an age change or the HMRC rate change, the NMW rate will be pro-rata’d.
1. 143911 – Salaried Employees NMW – Alert
Fig 1 - Edit Alert
- To set up an alert showing salaried employees below national minimum wage follow the path: HR > Audit & Alerts Menu > Alert Set Up > Select an existing alert template or create a new one.
- Click the ‘Assign Events’ button.
Fig 2 - Assign Events
- Select the ‘Salaried Employees Below NMW’ event.
- Save the assigned events.
- Save the edited alert template.
2. 143912 – Salaried Employees NMW - Export
Fig 3 - Export Location & Criteria
- The export is located in the Rotas module: Rotas > Reports > Exports > Export Name: ‘Salaried Employees Below NMW’.
- The export displays data only from current pay period.
The export contains the fields below:
|A||Employee Name||Text||Tom Jones|
|L||DateFrom (Pay period start date)||Date||01/01/2014|
|M||DateTo (Pay period end date)||Date||31/01/2014|