Users trying to find the difference between their ending counts should put away the pen and pad and instead generate the Count to Count Variance report. On this report, users are able to compare two separate count dates and view variances for each item that is used in the count.
You can learn more about using counts here.
Generating the Report
To generate the Count to Count Variance report, select the reports module from the side navigation menu.
Once you are in reports, select the Manager subtab and choose Count to Count Variance.
On the next page, pick the Store, Count name, Starting Count, and Ending Count you would like to view. After you have made your selections, choose Run.
Once the report has been run, it will generate in the center of the page. The top of the report will contain fields for Highest Variance Items and Percentage of Total Variance.
Highest Variance Items will display the top 10 items with the highest variance quantity and cost for the counts that you have chosen, Percentage of Total Variance is a chart displaying the total percentage that each category has contributed to the overall variance between the two counts.
Beneath that will be a table containing each item organized by category. The following columns will be on the table:
- Item Name - The name of the item that was entered on to Inventory
- Item Code - The alphanumerical code assigned to the item on Inventory
- Item UOM - The reporting unit of measure assigned to the item in Inventory
- Variance Qauntity - The difference between the two counts for the item.
- Variance Cost - The total cost based on the item price and its variance
If you would like to Print or Download the report you can open the Actions menu.