One of the main goals of Production is to make the process of preparing for the day in the back of house leagues easier. With Worksheets, users have the ability to view minimum and suggested prep and pull amounts for their items. They are also able to input an amount that has been prepped or pulled which will associate itself with the on-hand values of the same item or recipe in Inventory.
A worksheet will only contain items that have been configured and assigned to its schedule in Production. Items can generate a suggested pull or thaw amount on the worksheet but only if it is linked to a menu item on the point of sale. If the inventory item or recipe is not tied to a menu item, it will generate on the worksheet with its assigned minimum value only.
Viewing the Worksheets
To begin viewing a worksheet, choose the production module and select either Kitchen Prep or Thaw. Kitchen Prep will display prep items & recipes and Thaw will display thaw items.
After choosing the Worksheet type you would like to view, you will be brought to the Worksheet page.
The Worksheet will contain following columns:
- Recipe Name/Item Name - The name of the recipe or item that is being prepped or thawed.
- Prep UOM/Thaw UOM - The unit of measure applied to the recipe or item. This is inherited from Inventory.
- Prep Time/Thaw Time - The amount of time needed to prep the recipe/item or thaw the item in question. To learn more about where this is configured, go here.
- Hold Time - The amount of time that the item can be held on to before it thaws. To learn more about where this is configured, go here.
- On-Hand - The current on hand amount for the item or recipe
- Suggested Prep/Suggested Pull - The suggested prep or pull amount based on the sales item forecast. More information regarding this can be found in the forecast section of this article.
- Prepped/Pulled - If the user would like to track what has been prepped or pulled they will input an amount here.
At the top, right corner of the page will be a Complete & Print button. If you have input a prepped or pulled amount, choosing Complete will save those amounts and apply them to the on-hand amount and the cost of the Item or Recipe. If you would like a physical copy of the worksheet, select Print.
Suggested pull/prep calculation
While viewing a worksheet, you will have the ability to see how the suggested pull or suggested thaw was calculated on the worksheet. To do so, users will select the information icon to the left of the suggested amount. This will display a window with details regarding how the calculation was determined.