HotSchedules EBO Release Notes
General Software Release 2016.6 – Release Notes
All rights reserved. This publication contains proprietary information of HotSchedules. No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise without the prior written permission of HotSchedules. All registered trademarks, trademarks and service marks are the property of their respective holders.
This document is provided “as-is”. Information in this document may change without notice.
Table of Contents
4. New Features
5. Fixed Issues
The 2016.6 release includes substantive changes to improve the Enterprise Back Office user experience. A few of the release highlights for the Enterprise Back Office Desktop (EBO Desktop) and Enterprise Back Office Mobile (EBO Mobile) are detailed below.
Enterprise Back Office Desktop (EBO Desktop) is a cloud-based operating system that provides operational efficiency, cost controls and real-time visibility into restaurant operations that keep the manager in front of customers and focused on their experience, rather than stuck in the back office staring at spreadsheets. Get instant insight into inventory and financials with in-depth, down-to-the item reporting. Gain access to sales data, gross profit, cost of goods sold, loss prevention and exception management with the ability to report down the item level at individual stores. With Enterprise Back Office, food is fresher, waste is reduced, and gross profits are increased.
- A new configuration for password resets has been introduced to limit the number of times a user can reuse a password in the system. "Employee Management - Number of times a password can be reused." Default is 0 which essentially disables the setting. In addition, a new configuration has been created to determine the number of minutes a user has to wait to re-access their account after reaching the maximum number of login attempts: "Employee Management – Number of minutes til a user can access their account after logon disabled."
- A new security permission has been introduced to determine whether a user can transfer stock to all stores or no stores when a transfer zone contains a single store. New Security Permission: Inventory -> Transfer - "Can transfer to any store". Note: Existing behaviour allows users to transfer stock to any store if there is only 1 store in the transfer zone.
2.2 Enterprise Back Office Mobile – Highlights
Enterprise Back Office (EBO) Mobile is designed for use on a mobile device to facilitate constant access to real time data for forecasting, inventory counts, ordering, transfers, waste, and labor.
1. The forecasting graphs displayed by calendar day. Given scheduling, production and ordering was performed for business days, it was requested to change the graphs to display customers business day.
- If a customer is setup with their Business Day rule as "Automatic" (fixed trading day hours e.g. 5:00 AM to 5:00 AM), then the X-axis of the forecast graph in MxConnect is auto-scaled to match the Business Day range, so that the entire business day forecast will be visible on a single page.
- If a customer is setup with their Business Day rule being "From POS", then we will take the intervals from the forecasting tables where there is data and provide the business day between these hours.
2. The MxConnect Forecasting module was updated for Store & Sales Item Mirroring to allow adjustment % to be up to 9 characters in length for positive adjustments or down to -100% for negative adjustments.
In order to deliver a best in-class software solution to our customer base, Enterprise Back Office relies on the latest updates and advances available from Web Browsers to ensure improved security, a richer feature set and heightened performance.
3.1 2016.6 Supported Browsers and Devices
The following browsers and devices are officially supported by Enterprise Back Office in the 2016.6 release:
- Enterprise Back Office Desktop Solution Supported Browsers are: Microsoft Edge, IE 9+, Chrome 34+, FireFox 28+, and Safari 7+
- Enterprise Back Office Mobile Solution Supported Browsers are: IE 9+, Chrome 34+, FireFox 28+, Safari 7+, iOS 6.13+, iOS 7.04+, iOS 8, iOS 9
- Mobile Device recommendations: iPad and iPad Mini
- Minimum recommended device display resolution of 1024px x 768px
- POS: MICROS 3700, NCR Aloha, NCR Compris, Panasonic PANo7700, Panasonic PARJournal, POSIXML, Radiant, SIGNATURE Signature, and XPIENT POLLO
3.2 Cube Version
Several areas of EBO Desktop have dependencies upon facts, measures, and other components in the cube. (Version dependency between EBO (Desktop & Mobile) and the OLAP cube.) This version compatibility is the minimum cube version that is compatible with an EBO Desktop version.
Note: The Cube is backwards compatible. Always upgrade to the latest version of the cube.
|EBO Desktop & Mobile Version||Minimum Cube Version|
The Enterprise Back Office Desktop Solution can help reduce costs through efficient supply chain management improving accuracy and efficiency through automation and electronic communications. 2016.5 General changes include:
- A new configuration for password resets has been introduced to limit the number of times a user can reuse a password in the system. "Employee Management - Number of times a password can be reused." Default is 0 which essentially disables the setting. In addition, a new configuration has been created to determine the number of minutes a user has to wait to re-access their account after reaching the maximum number of login attempts: "Employee Management – Number of minutes til a user can access their account after logon disabled".
- The NCR Aloha Interface has been extended to capture the "Void Before" (deletion before) data point in EBO.
- A configuration setting has been introduced for the Aloha POS to determine in MacromatiX if a check should be attributed to the cashier who takes the order or the cashier who takes the customer's payment and closed the check. This logic may differ for stores that offer quick service vs. table service.
- The Aloha POS integration now captures the sales item tax against items sold.
- Extended the Micros Integration to allow for a surcharge to come through to MX as a Sales Item.
- The Sales Summary Head Office screen (MMS_HO_SalesSummary.aspx) has been updated to use the stores business calendar dates if the configuration "Entity Configuration - Use Calendar" is turned ON and the store has a business calendar selected on the Entity Manager screen.
- A new POS mapping is available via the Sales Item >> POS Setup UI to allow a Sales Item to be mapped to a Control Information record.
The Enterprise Back Office Desktop Inventory Solution can help reduce inventory holding costs through efficient supply chain management. It can improve purchasing accuracy and efficiency through automation and electronic communications. 2016.6 Inventory Ordering changes include:
- An update has been made to accurately determine orders as a series when importing scheduled orders. Previously, imported scheduled orders came through into the system as a single occurrence. Work has been done to identify the imported orders as a series based on the information provided.
- A new security permission has been introduced to determine whether a user can transfer stock to all stores or no stores when a transfer zone contains a single store. * New Security Permission: Inventory -> Transfer - "Can transfer to any store". Note: Existing behaviour allows users to transfer stock to any store if there is only 1 store in the transfer zone.
Enterprise Back Office Mobile is designed for use on a mobile device so that you have constant access to your data in real time for Forecasting: Inventory Counts, Ordering, Transfers, and Waste; as well as Labor. The mobile inventory count enables users to perform an inventory count on a mobile-enabled device (for example, iPad), as well as manage the item’s travel path. Mobile ordering enables store managers to place inventory orders with their suppliers. Both EDI and email order creation are supported. Stores can create orders using the scheduled orders option or by creating an unscheduled new order. Users can also search the order history.
The following new Enterprise Back Office Mobile features appear in this release:
The Enterprise Back Office Mobile Solution can help reduce costs through efficient supply chain management improving accuracy and efficiency through automation and electronic communications. 2016.6 General changes include:
- The Mobile application has been enhanced to respect the desktop configurations for login
- "Employee Management - Number of minutes til a user can access their account after logon disabled".
- "Employee Management - Maximum login attempts before user logon is disabled"
- "Employee Management - Number of days til password expires"
- The sales and inventory forecast processes have been split to separate queue processes to improve performance. Note: The sales process must be run and completed before the inventory process can be run. The inventory queue has a dependency on the sales data.
- Mobile Forecasting (Sales, Transactions and Sales Items) have been updated to display forecasts by business day, rather than by calendar day. If a customer is setup with their Business Day rule as "Automatic" (i.e. 5:00 AM to 5:00 AM), then the X-axis of the forecast graph and time range of the forecast grid in Mobile is auto-scaled to match that Business Day range/. If a customer is setup with their Business Day rule being "From POS", then the X-axis scale of the forecast graph and time range of the forecast grid in Mobile is based on a dynamic time range based on data populating the forecast intervals.
- The Sales Item Mirroring and Store Mirroring tools have been enhanced to allow more complex scheduling of Source and Target date ranges. There is no longer a 14-day gap required between the two date ranges, which allows a mirror to be scheduled with future Source dates immediately followed by corresponding Target dates.
- A change has been made to the Mobile Foresting module for Store & Sales Item Mirroring to allow adjustment % to be up to 9 characters for positive adjustments or down to -100% for negative adjustments.
The Enterprise Back Office Mobile Inventory Solution can helps reduce inventory holding costs through efficient supply chain management. It can help you minimize waste with an accurate production system, minimize inventory shrinkage through accurate inventory tracking. 2016.6 Inventory count changes include:
- An update has been made to the mobile security permission "Mobile >> Inventory - Receiving - Can Receive" security permission to only allow users to edit the item quantity when receiving in mobile (the permission previously also allowed users to edit the item price when receiving). Added an additional permission: "Mobile >> Inventory - Receiving - Edit Price on Receive" has been created to allow users to edit the item price when receiving. Note: 'Inventory - Receiving - Can Receive' permission must be ON in order for this permission to apply. An update has been made to the mobile security permission "Mobile >> Inventory - Ordering - Can Correct Receive" security permission to only allow users to edit the item quantity when correct receiving in mobile (the permission previously also allowed users to edit the item price when correct receiving). Added an additional permission: "Inventory - Receiving - Edit Price on Correct Receive" has been created to allow users to edit the item price when correct receiving. Note:'Inventory - Ordering - Can Correct Receive' permission must be ON in order for this permission to apply.
Enterprise Back Office Desktop (EBO Desktop) Issues that were fixed during this release are:
General – All Modules
- A fix has been applied within the session management code utilized by EBO in an effort to prevent requiring multiple attempts to log in, once a user's access has timed out on the site.
- Audit messages for Auto Notifications have been updated in order to make them clearer in the event of a failure. The source of the error is now reported. (MMS_Admin_AutoNotify.aspx)
- A fix has been applied wherein the special event popup menu on MMS_Ops_Forecast2.aspx did not permit scrolling when the special event drop down list exceeded the size of the popup.
- Error messages will now be displayed when a Forecast Adjustment is imported through the MMS_Manage_Import page and the promotion already exists, the MirrorEndDate is not prior to the current date as well as when the MirrorStartDate /MirrorEndDate are not the same day of the week as the AdjustmentStartDate/AdjustmentEndDate.
- Data Export page is now accessible and displayed for clients that have not had data export completely set up yet.
- A fix has been applied to the Report Portal. It now caters and supports sftp servers (MMS_System_Reports.aspx).
- A delay of 5 minutes for the EDW ARTS Export with HighWatermark (configurable) was implemented in order to process transactions 5 minutes from the current time as they were entered into the system. Setting is defaulted to 0.
- A fix has been applied wherein errors were reported in the tbAuditLog. This ticket addresses the solution to prevent tbAuditLog with high volume of errors when there are errors.
Financial – All Modules
- A fix has been implemented to the sales summary page (MMS_Stores_SalesSummary3.aspx), and other affected reports, to ensure that the cash value is always populated correctly.
- A fix has been applied to the Sales Summary page MMS_Stores_SalesSummary3.aspx to fix a problem which sometimes caused the page to crash when the user selected a different store from the drop down list.
- A fix was applied to prevent invalid sales adjustments from being created when business days have not yet been configured for the store in question. Using MMS_Stores_SalesSummary3.aspx to generate sales adjustments in this scenario will now result in those adjustments taking their Business Day from the first day of the selected week. Formerly, the business day assigned was a date in 1753.
- An issue was resolved wherein multiple browsers were opened and workflow was accessed the workflow date was locked. This occurred when multiple browsers were open, workflow closed in one browser, and then closed again in another open browser session.
- A fix was applied wherein the change management tabs on the Float Count 3 page when clicking between the 'Change Receive' tab and the 'Change Rebank' tab caused the tabs to disappear (MMS_Stores_FloatCount3.aspx).
- A fix was applied whereby the Invoice Reconciliation page was displaying all invoices not just the ones for a specific store. The Invoice Reconciliations page now displays only list of stores selected and not all Invoices if the store has been specified in Zone type:Ordering.(MMS_HO_InvoiceReconciliation2.aspx) (MMS_Manage_Zones.aspx)
Inventory Count – All Modules
- A fix has been applied within the Order Confirmation import wherein importing a message value 2 import file (removal) against an order placed via the mobile site was not successfully removing the flagged item.
- A fix has been applied wherein after the stock count was Imported, the field closing box was gray and could not be edited. The EBO desktop manual stock count import will retain existing units loaded when the stock count is set up.
- A fix has been applied wherein the Amount Paid field on the Details tab of the MMS_Stores_OnlineOrderClassic.aspx page was not populating at all in the Chrome browser when the value to be presented exceeded 999. The comma introduced by the formatting of higher values was failing an additional validation that the Chrome browser was conducting.
- A fix was applied wherein the tooltip on the ordering page displayed a vendor Item that was not assigned to the supplier. The tooltip on Ordering page for Receiving and Transfers for Vendor Item displays a vendor item only when it is assigned to a supplier. (MMS_Stores_OnlineOrderClassic.aspx)
- A fix was applied wherein a new vendor that was not assigned to stores was not appearing in the Inventory Wizard. The vendor had been added, and appeared in both the database and on the distributors page (MMS_HO_Distributors.aspx). However, it did not appear in the inventory wizard.
- There was an issue with dates not displaying correctly in the MMS_Online_OrderClassic page when the short date format was set to mm/dd/yy. The Required Date text box is now editable so the user can change the expected delivery date for an order. A calendar date picker has also been added to the Required Date field.
- A fix has been applied wherein the Transfer Date and Receive Date values were being recorded incorrectly, without proper regard to the time zone in which the transfer entities resided. The dates are now being recorded correctly based on the timezone of each entity and its role in the process.
Labor – All Modules
- A fix was applied wherein adding a job role to jobs caused a crash as well as a timeout issue. Users are now able to successfully enable or disable employee roles through the Job Roles tab on the Labour Setup - Job Roles page without causing the page to hang. (MMS_HO_LabourSetup.aspx)
- A change was made to reset the Scheduled Hours value in the Labor Scheduler KPI when the user selects the [Clear Schedule] option from the Schedule drop down.
- A fix has been applied wherein labor reports using the week selector were not displaying date ranges within the week selector that corresponded with their configured pay cycles.
Enterprise Back Office Mobile issues that were fixed during this release:
Contact us at 1-877- 720- 8678 or Email:Customer Care