Note: This article is for the HS inventory product. For more information on Inventory, go here.
In order for users to access Inventory, they must be given the correct user profiles when their account is created.
Follow these steps to assign profiles in Inventory:
- Log into your account for Inventory. Once you are in your account, click the person icon in the top right hand corner of your screen.
- Selecting this will display an option called My Account.
- Profiles can only be added to a user whenever they are being invited to a namespace. Once the user accepts, you will be unable to edit the profiles that have been assigned to them.
- To begin the set up process, click Invite Users on the Account Manager page.
- This will open the Invite New user window. The section titled Profiles is where you can add profiles to the user you are creating.
- Once the profiles have been added, selecting Send Invite will invite that user to access Inventory with the profiles you have given their account.
In order to use inventory, a user must have the following profiles:
- Admin or User - Either of these can be given to a user.
- Inventory - This profile gives the user access to the Inventory Mobile app
- Inventory-Manager - This profile gives the user access to the inventory web app
If a user does not have any of the above profiles assigned to their account, they will not be able to access inventory, and will get an error page whenever they try to log in.
Please note that the ability to invite users and add profiles on platform will be specific to accounts with the admin profile only.