HotSchedules EBO Release Notes
General Software Release 2016.5 – Release Notes
All rights reserved. This publication contains proprietary information of HotSchedules. No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise without the prior written permission of HotSchedules. All registered trademarks, trademarks and service marks are the property of their respective holders.
This document is provided “as-is”. Information in this document may change without notice.
Table of Contents
4. New Features
5. Fixed Issues
The 2016.5 release includes substantive changes to improve the Enterprise Back Office user experience. A few of the release highlights for the Enterprise Back Office Desktop (EBO Desktop) and Enterprise Back Office Mobile (EBO Mobile) are detailed below.
Enterprise Back Office Desktop (EBO Desktop) is a cloud-based operating system that provides operational efficiency, cost controls and real-time visibility into restaurant operations that keep the manager in front of customers and focused on their experience, rather than stuck in the back office staring at spreadsheets. Get instant insight into inventory and financials with in-depth, down-to-the item reporting. Gain access to sales data, gross profit, cost of goods sold, loss prevention and exception management with the ability to report down the item level at individual stores. With Enterprise Back Office, food is fresher, waste is reduced, and gross profits are increased.
Enhancements to the Enterprise Back Office Desktop (EBO Desktop) modules this release include:
- Aloha Combo Meals
- Aloha Condiment Depletion
- Cancellation Reason Required for Purchase Orders
- Additions to Master Data Imports
Aloha Combo Meals
The Aloha POS interface has been enhanced to capture combo meals which also includes management of the combo meal discounts. Combo meals are recognized and processed within Enterprise Back Office to report correct Inventory consumption. NCR’s Aloha POS System transmits both the parent item as well as the child items as part of the POS transaction where a combo meal is captured. For each combo meal product, a unique individual sales item code is defined in EBO relating to each meal size for that sales item. Each combo meal in EBO has a sales item code relative to the: Small, Medium, Large and Variable size of the respective combo meal.
In addition, EBO handles combo meal transaction level discounts. If a discount is applied against a transaction which contains a combo meal, then the discount and its value at the transaction level is recorded. The discount is associated against the finalized order and does not associate with any of the items within the order.
Burger Monster Meal
Regular Soft Drink
Aloha Condiment Depletion
The NCR Aloha POS integration has been updated to accurately reflect inventory consumption for condiments. This specifically deals with the case where a recipe may include a condiment however, the customer requests no condiments.
Cancellation Reason Required for Purchase Orders
The ordering screen in EBO Desktop has been enhanced to allow, by configuration, for a cancellation reason to be required when attempting to cancel an order. If this configuration is enabled, and a user has the ability to cancel an open purchase order, then a comment must be entered to complete the cancellation.
This reason is retained and displayed under the Header tab of the ordering screen.
Additions to Master Data Imports
Master Data Imports have been enhanced with the addition of optional custom fields for import templates. This minimizes the need for manual entries for a number of essential item properties. The new fields are available in the following Master Data Imports:
- Entity Item Import
- Vendor Item Import
- Vendor Entity Item Import
The following optional fields have been added to the Entity Item Import template:
The following optional fields have been added to the Vendor Item Import template:
The following optional field has been added to the Vendor Entity Item Import template:
2.2 Enterprise Back Office Mobile – Highlights
Enterprise Back Office (EBO) Mobile is designed for use on a mobile device to facilitate constant access to real time data for forecasting, inventory counts, ordering, transfers, waste, and labor.
2016.5 Enterprise Back Office Mobile changes include enhancements to existing functionality as well as new modules to improve accountability. Enhancements include:
- Promotion Forecasting BETA
- HotSchedules Support for Single Sign On through EBO Mobile
- Auto-Complete Transfers
Promotion Forecasting BETA is Here!
The EBO Mobile Promotions module allows businesses to create an adjustment to the forecast when promotions occur in store. Promotion item adjustments can be set for one or many stores or zones.
- Anticipate and manage each promotion in the most effective way
- Plan for the optimal levels of inventory on hand and production, to reduce the risk of waste and shortages
- Use the forecast data across other tools, such as ordering, production schedules and labor planning
- More accurate sales forecast improves staffing plans
- Description for the promotion
- Ability to set the promotional period that the adjustment will impact
- ‘Limited Time Offer’ capability to flag when promotional item/s are introduced only for a specific promotion period
- Ability to determine whether the adjustment will overwrite the ‘Manager Forecast’
- Assignment of each item included in the promotion to an adjustment %. (No limit on adjustment %)
- Assignment of items impacted as a result of the promotion to an adjustment %
- Ability to assignment adjustment to one or many stores or zones (Zones where type = Forecasting)
HotSchedules Support for Single Sign On through EBO Mobile
EBO Mobile has been enhanced to allow a configurable redirect URL. The redirect is only accessible by users with the appropriate security permission.
This allows users to seamlessly navigate from EBO Mobile to the HotSchedules SSO login URL when an external Identity Provider handles authentication.
The security permission "Operations - Can Access HS SSO Menu Item" must be activated and the configuration setting "HotSchedules SAML SSO Url" must be defined with a valid URL (including "http://" or "https://" protocol) for users to navigate from EBO Mobile to a predefined external partner site.
An "Auto-Complete Transfers" process has been added to EBO Mobile. The Auto-Complete feature can be configured to run at regular intervals to identify and automatically complete any open transfers. The task can be scheduled to execute daily or periodically throughout the day. This allows customers to utilize inventory transfers when one of the stores involved in the transaction might not be live on the system and are therefore, unable to manually approve/complete the transfer.
Users are able to request a transfer from or send a transfer to a store that is not currently live in EBO and have these transfers completed by the system. This insures that inventory levels are properly maintained and reported. When a transfer request is completed inventory is depleted at the sending store and inventory is increased at the receiving store.
The Enterprise Back Office solution is a prolific collector of operational data. The Reporting Data Store (RDS) gives users ownership and access to their own data. Users will have the ability to design and build their own reports and interrogate the database at will. Progress, for the feature, continues. The following fields have been revised or added to the Reporting Data Store:
- RDS RedShift: An update has been made to RDS RedShift so that deletions can be tracked on supported tables. (24492)
- RDS version 2016.5 RDS will support deletions for Recipes table so that it completely matches EBO. (26082)
- Added the "Active" column to WorkedShift in RDS (25052)
Reporting Data Store (RDS) Issues that were addressed during this release are:
In order to deliver a best in-class software solution to our customer base, Enterprise Back Office relies on the latest updates and advances available from Web Browsers to ensure improved security, a richer feature set and heightened performance.
3.1 2016.5 Supported Browsers and Devices
The following browsers and devices are officially supported by Enterprise Back Office in the 2016.5 release:
- Enterprise Back Office Desktop Solution Supported Browsers are: Microsoft Edge, IE 9+, Chrome 34+, FireFox 28+, and Safari 7+
- Enterprise Back Office Mobile Solution Supported Browsers are: IE 9+, Chrome 34+, FireFox 28+, Safari 7+, iOS 6.13+, iOS 7.04+, iOS 8, iOS 9
- Mobile Device recommendations: iPad and IPad Mini
- Minimum recommended device display resolution of 1024px x 768px
- POS: MICROS 3700, NCR Aloha, NCR Compris, Panasonic PANo7700, Panasonic PARJournal, POSIXML, Radiant, SIGNATURE Signature, and XPIENT POLLO
3.2 Cube Version
Several areas of EBO Desktop have dependencies upon facts, measures, and other components in the cube. (Version dependency between EBO (Desktop & Mobile) and the OLAP cube.) This version compatibility is the minimum cube version that is compatible with an EBO Desktop version.
Note: The Cube is backwards compatible. Always upgrade to the latest version of the cube.
|MMS & MxConnect Version||Minimum Cube Version|
The following new Enterprise Back Office Desktop features appear in this release/
General: The Enterprise Back Office Desktop Solution can help reduce costs through efficient supply chain management improving accuracy and efficiency through automation and electronic communications. 2016.5 General changes include:
- EBO desktop shares sales, transactions, and forecast data with HotSchedules via a webservice. Previously the web service methods were limited to only using numerical values for the storenumber. Methods have been created that allow for use of alpha numeric store numbers. (25174) (25175) (25176)
- The Aloha POS interface has been enhanced to capture combo meals which also includes management of the combo meal discounts. (23715)
- The following database fields are now exposed to the cube: Forecasting.Forecast.ManagerSales, Forecasting.Forecast.SystemSales, The entire tbTransactionCashDepositFinancial table, and The entire tbFinancialGroup table. (24887)
- The following import log files have been updated to use double delimiters and the ability for the log file naming convention to use <SourceFileName> and <SourceFileExtension> tags: Order Confirmation Import, Shipping Confirmation Import, Purchase Order Import, and Employee Details Import. (24652)
Financial: The Enterprise Back Office Desktop Financial Solution provides revenue management of monetary transactions, settlements, and deposits. The functionality to account for and track the movement of cash and other trading types in a store. 2016.5 Financial changes include:
- The ARTS Import POSLog POS interface has been extended to cater for "Supplementary Data". (24990)
- The Petty Cash screen has been enhanced to prevent users from selecting an apply date/time that is outside of the Day Open/Close times for the selected business day. A message will be displayed in red text indicating that the Transaction Date does not fall within the selected Business Day. (11241)
- The Receiving and Header tab views of the EBO Desktop Ordering screen have been enhanced to display a read-only field for Head Office Invoice #. This number will be populated via import and is only visible to users with the associated security permission. (24585)
Inventory Count: The Enterprise Back Office Desktop Inventory Solution can helps reduce inventory holding costs through efficient supply chain management. It can help you minimize waste with an accurate production system, minimize inventory shrinkage through accurate inventory tracking. 2016.5 Inventory count changes include:
- A new "Auto-Complete Transfers" process has been created, which can be configured to run at regular intervals to identify and automatically complete any open transfers. This allows customers to utilize Inventory Transfers when one of the stores involved in the transaction might not be live on the system and are therefore unable to manually approve/complete the transfer. (24068)
- The following optional fields have been added to the Entity Item Import template: Taxable, TaxCode, TaxEffectiveFrom, and TaxDiscontinueFrom. The following optional fields have been added to the Vendor Item Import template:BillingVendorCode, MinOrderQty, and MaxOrderQty. The following optional field has been added to the Vendor Entity Item Import template: BillingVendorCode. (24662)
- The Inventory Efficiency Report has been updated to default the "Display Item-Level Details as Quantities" option to true. When generating the report with this option set to the default value of true, item-level details on the report are displayed based on Inventory Quantities. When generating the report with the option changed to false, item-level details are displayed as monetary values. (25284)
- The Inventory Efficiency report has been updated to display text that describes how Efficiency % is calculated, as well as an indicator for how Item-Level details are displayed (by quantity or dollar value). (26054)
- The NCR Aloha POS integration has been updated to accurately reflect inventory consumption for condiments. This specifically deals with the case whereby a recipe may include a condiment however the customer requests no condiments. (25227)
Inventory Ordering: The Enterprise Back Office Desktop Inventory Solution can help reduce inventory holding costs through efficient supply chain management. It can improve purchasing accuracy and efficiency through automation and electronic communications. 2016.5 Inventory Ordering changes include:
- A new Credit Note event driven export (XML) has been created. The export is to trigger when a credit note is ‘Submitted’, ‘Rejected’, ‘Authorized’ or ‘Deleted’. The export will also trigger if a submitted claim is ‘unlocked’ and then re-saved i.e. details updated or when a communication note is added manually. (23483)
- A new XML export 'Purchase Order Cancellation Export' has been created to trigger when a purchase order is cancelled. The export will contain data for the cancelled order. (24226)
- Added the following optional fields to the Purchase Order import: Paid Date, Head Office Invoice Number. When a purchase order import is re-imported into the system and contains changes to the following fields, these fields will be updated with the new values: Invoice Date, Paid Amount, Paid Date, and Head Office Invoice Number. Note: Updates to an order is only applicable to the above fields. This only applies to the import process. (24227)
- An event driven Receipt Export (XML) has been created to trigger when a receipt is created, the apply date is changed, any order quantities are changed or when the Inv/Ref # field is updated via the UI (via Correct Receive). (23867)
- The ordering screen in EBO Desktop has been enhanced to allow, by configuration, for a Cancellation Reason to be required when attempting to cancel an order. If this configuration is enabled, and a user has the ability to cancel an open purchase order, then a comment must be entered to complete the cancellation. This reason will be retained and displayed under the Header tab of the ordering screen. (24544)
- The Purchase Order export has been enhanced to include the following data points. In order to utilize the additional data, any vendor-specific purchase order export transforms will need to be manually updated to pass these into the exported data files: Discount Amount, Freight Amount, Freight Tax Amount, Auto-Receive Flag, Last Updated Employee Code, Last Updated Employee Name, Last Updated Date, and Status (24964)
Labor: The Labor module provides managers with an efficient way to manage employees’ schedules and data. 2016.5 Labor changes include:
- A Poll POS setting for ExternalReference was added to support external punch edits. For customers who use third party payroll systems, EBO syncs punches with their system. In the case where punches are edited from an external source either POS or third party payroll system, EBO updates punches. The external reference is the unique id to reference the edited punch. Time and attendance record are now processed based on the ExternalReference only if poll pos setting TimeAndAttendanceUseExternalReference is turned ON. (20106)
Enterprise Back Office Mobile is designed for use on a mobile device so that you have constant access to your data in real time for Forecasting: Inventory Counts, Ordering, Transfers, and Waste; as well as Labor. The mobile inventory count enables users to perform an inventory count on a mobile-enabled device (for example, iPad), as well as manage the item’s travel path. Mobile ordering enables store managers to place inventory orders with their suppliers. Both EDI and email order creation are supported. Stores can create orders using the scheduled orders option or by creating an unscheduled new order. Users can also search the order history.
The following new Enterprise Back Office Mobile features appear in this release:
General: The Enterprise Back Office Mobile Solution can help reduce costs through efficient supply chain management improving accuracy and efficiency through automation and electronic communications. 2016.5 General changes include:
- EBO Mobile has been enhanced to allow a configurable re-direct URL, which is only accessible by users with the appropriate security permission. This allows users to seamlessly navigate from EBO Mobile to the HotSchedules SSO login URL when an external Identity Provider handles authentication. (24929)
- The EBO Mobile Forecast Promotions module has been released in BETA. The module allows businesses to create an adjustment to the forecast when promotions occur in store. Promotion item adjustments can be set for one or many stores or zones. Additional changes made to the Forecast functionality in EBO Mobile. (16083) - Implement Service Type filtering into inventory item adjustment forecastsThe Special Event Forecast module calculation logic has been updated to no longer ignore or remove the date from the forecast when a special event occurs, rather a consistent approach across forecasting has been taken to reverse out the adjustment and include the day in the forecast for future forecasts. The adjustment record is then used for future event profile occurrences.
- - The Forecast Mirroring module 'Overwrite Manager Forecast' flag can now be set when creating the Store or Item Mirror (vs. setting from a Modal window).
Inventory Count: The Enterprise Back Office Mobile Inventory Solution can helps reduce inventory holding costs through efficient supply chain management. It can help you minimize waste with an accurate production system, minimize inventory shrinkage through accurate inventory tracking. 2016.5 Inventory count changes include:
Inventory Ordering: The Enterprise Back Office Mobile Inventory Solution can help reduce inventory holding costs through efficient supply chain management. It can improve purchasing accuracy and efficiency through automation and electronic communications. 2016.5 Inventory Ordering changes include:
Labor: The Labor module provides managers with an efficient way to manage employees’ schedules and data. 2016.5 Labor changes include:
Enterprise Back Office Desktop (EBO Desktop) Issues that were fixed during this release are:
General – All Modules:
- A fix was applied wherein the ARTS export stored procedure was occasionally preventing other sessions from calling it. A reference was removed to the named constraint "PK_TEMP" which prevented any other session from using the same constraint name. (25757)
- All Clients: Clients now need to login in twice after their session has timed out, they no longer need to close the whole browser to be able to login in again. (23764) (NetSuiteID: 17328)
- An enhancement has been made to the Daily Prep Chart report (Report ID: 1023). The Group Header now displays full names for the Preparation Groups. (25289)
- Better error handlers were added to facilitate locating the source of Server Manager issues. A change was implemented for error handling to capture the application state when errors happen. (23730)
- Performance improvements were made to the TTL Export for APOD Product Mix. (25622)
- Reduced potential IO load with cube enhancements. Optimization. (25351)
- The ability to purge forecasting 1 cache on demand was added. (25461)
- XML import processing has been enhanced such that XML formatting will now be checked as part of import validation, in order to prevent badly formatted XML files from causing an Import to be blocked. (25755)
Financial – All Modules:
- A fix has been applied to the Sales Summary page MMS_Stores_SalesSummary3.aspx to fix a problem which sometimes caused the page to crash when the user selected a different store from the drop down list. (26580)
- A fix was applied wherein French culture localization was not possible for the control box text that displays when a Cash Up needs to be deleted. The allowed Yes/No confirmation is now localizable on the Cashier Close page. (MMS_Stores_CashUp6.aspx) (25707)
- A fix was applied wherein the ALOHA POS cashier close was causing an exception during processing. The ALOHA POS transactions now process, as expected. (25601)
- A fix was applied wherein the change management tabs on the Float Count 3 page when clicking between the 'Change Receive' tab and the 'Change Rebank' tab caused the tabs to disappear (MMS_Stores_FloatCount3.aspx). (26556) (ZendeskID:858639) (NetSuiteID: 1759)
- A fix was applied wherein the Daily Cash Reconciliation (DCR) Report was displaying incorrect Bank In values due to a duplicated night shift. Stores are no longer able enter a count for the same shift twice on the Cash Audit page (MMS_Stores_Cashaudit.aspx). (26466) (ZendeskID:854267)
- A fix was applied wherein zero UnitCostPrice costs were displayed on the ARTS Export. An update was applied to the inventoryProcessedDate on tbTransactionSalesItem when inventory messages are processed. (25344)
- A flag has been added within the Compris polling interface to identify Cashier Settlements that have reached a ready status, differentiating them from records that have yet to finish processing. Going forward, only these finished records will be available for selection in the Select Reconciliation dropdown on MMS_Stores_Cashup6.aspx (24886) (ZendeskID:805446) (NetSuiteID: 1759)
- Text for Sales results section on Sales Dashboard page (MMS_Ops_DashSales.aspx) is now localizable on the Localization and Translation Setup page (MMS_System_CultureSetup.aspx). (25706)
- The MMS_Stores_Production.aspx page has been enhanced such that entities with membership in a new zone Type, "MxConnect Forecasting", will no longer have to check the Refresh checkbox and then the View link to retrieve new EBO Mobile Forecast data, clicking the View link will always return the latest generated data. For any other entity, functionality is unaltered. (23899)
Inventory Count – All Modules:
- A checkbox was added to the Report Selector for the Inventory Efficiency Report called "Include Only Counted Items”. It will default to checked when the report is selected. When the report is generated, only items that were present in either the Beginning or the Ending count are included. If the user unchecks this option, then when the report is generated, all items with any activity during the selected date range are included. (26136)
- A fix has been applied wherein the Inventory detail report was displaying values for prepped items in the "ending on hand (all prep items)", when inventory prep items were not present. (25746) (ZendeskID:833306)
- A fix was applied wherein a store was able to transfer a vendor Item that should not exist at the target store. Vendor items must exist at both stores before a transfer is permitted. Vendor items must exist in both the Source and Target store before a transfer can be completed. (MMS_Stores_Transfer.aspx) (26105)
- A fix was applied wherein empty cells were displayed in the Daily Raw Item Summary when the value was negative. The Daily Raw Item Summary report now displays values for all the columns regardless of whether the value is positive or negative. (24623)
- A Server Manager configuration option has been added that will permit the Other Task "Update new item flag for count location based on days since created" to AutoStart when Server Manager restarts. (24991)
- Optimizations were made to the Daily Stock Balance process. There were no functional changes. (25142)
- The taxable "Discontinue From" date in the Set Stores tab of the Inventory Item Wizard can now be saved without selecting a date. (24549)
Inventory Ordering – All Modules:
- A bug has been repaired within the Order Confirmation import wherein importing a message value 2 import file (removal) against an order placed via the mobile site was not successfully removing the flagged item due to a SQL failure on delete. (26505)
- A fix has been applied to On Order and Back Order quantity: Adding items to an existing purchase order via line item matching on the MMS_HO_InvoiceReconciliation2.aspx page was updating the On Order quantity for that item. Several issues surrounding the user of ASN confirmations and the subsequent receiving of those shipments and their impact on On Order Quantity were also resolved. (19231)
- A fix has been applied wherein additional logging occurs that will help link the error messages to the import being performed, when the ASN import files fail. (24993)
- A fix was applied wherein IPad use was generating a "Requested Operation Failed" error message when confirming a Mobile Order after being offline. The device goes into offline mode when out of range. Any transactions when out of range will display on the counter as pending transactions. When the device is back in wireless range, users are able to successfully submit the order. (26057)
- A fix was applied wherein the Copy Order button on the MMS_HO_StandardOrder.aspx page was not copying Vendor Entity Items properly, such that the resulting orders, when created, were empty of items. (25715) (ZendeskID:831573) (NetSuiteID: 1759)
- A fix was applied wherein the Suggested Order values being provided by the Mobile ordering system were incorrect when multiple forecasts existed for that same item/date/entity. (25806) (ZendeskID:835493) (NetSuiteID: 1759)
- The flag "Auto receive when overdue" checkbox is saved on the enterprise order page after saving and navigating away from the "order placement" step. (MMS_HO_EnterpriseOrdering.aspx) (25761)
Labor – All Modules:
- A change was made to reset the Scheduled Hours value in the Labor Scheduler KPI when the user selects the [Clear Schedule] option from the Schedule drop down. (26610) (ZendeskID:844082) (NetSuiteID: 1759)
- A fix has been applied wherein the Scheduling KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) were not calculating for shifts after 12AM. MMS_Stores_LabourScheduler.aspx (26077) (ZendeskID:842379) (NetSuiteID: 1759)
- A fix was applied wherein the Daily Crew Schedule Details Report will now display unpaid rest breaks, paid rest breaks, unpaid meal breaks, and paid meal breaks using the correct colors from the legend displayed on the report. (MMS_Stores_LabourScheduler.aspx) (25818)
- A fix has been applied wherein Labor reports using the Week selector were not displaying date ranges within the Week selector that corresponded with configured Pay Cycles. (26806)
- A fix was applied wherein the payroll export was exporting all records instead of only newly authorized attendance records. Extra Logging has been added to know exactly which store on which day is causing a failure. (26158)
- The KPI Weekly Summary Report now calculates the sum of any transactions that are Nosale and CancelledSale. (24078)
Enterprise Back Office Mobile issues that were fixed during this release:
- Performance optimization was applied to the EBO Mobile Area Summary report in order to improve report execution. (24921) (ZendeskID:806628) (NetSuiteID: 2561269)
Inventory Count – All Modules:
- A fix has been applied wherein users were able to click the finish button on the Mobile Waste page when the waste reason was not set. Users are no longer able to submit waste (Click the Finish button) until all items with entered values have a waste reason set. An improved check has been applied to the waste entry to ensure that all entries are valid. (25733)
Inventory Ordering – All Modules:
- The Delivery Date is now the same on the EBO Desktop Order Screen (MMS_Stores_OnlineOrderClassic.aspx) and the Delivery Detail screen in EBO Mobile (#/Inventory/Order/Receive). (25158) (ZendeskID:816636) (NetSuiteID: 1759)
Labor – All Modules:
Contact us at 1-877- 720- 8678 or Email:Customer Care