The Scheduler allows users to create, edit, and use templates with the template generator.
Follow these steps to access the template generator:
- Log into your HotSchedules account and go to the Scheduling tab. Select Menu at the top right-hand corner of the Scheduler and choose Templates.
- There will be two choices available, Custom Templates and Forecast Templates. You can learn more about Forecast Templates here.
- Custom Templates will give you a list of all your schedules. Choosing a schedule will list any templates previously created and two options, Create from schedule and Create empty template.
- Templates that have been created previously can be edited, copied, applied, and trashed.
- Create from schedule will create a template from the shifts saved for the current week. Using this option will give you a choice of making the template assigned and unassigned. Assigned will create a template with the shifts already assigned to employees. This particular template cannot be edited. Unassigned will generate a template with all the shifts used in that schedule for that week.
- Clicking Create empty template will allow you to build a blank template for that schedule by taking you into the Template Generator.
The Template Generator
- Within the Template Generator, start generating your needed shifts for that week by clicking Create Row.
- After selecting either an AM or PM shift, you can choose the job and location from the drop-down menus, and then select the days and times of the shifts needed.
- Repeat as necessary. Your work will save as you go.