Note: This article is for the new scheduler interface. If you are not yet using this version of the scheduler, please refer to the collection of articles here.
Users have the ability to create and assign shifts from scratch to employees.
Follow these steps to create a shift from scratch:
- Log into your HotSchedules account and go to the Scheduling tab . Select the week range you would like to view. To open the shift creator, double click the cell you would like the shift to be for. This will open a menu where you can specify the details for that shift.
- The end time will always default to a time based off of the default shift length set up in the scheduler settings. Clicking within the cell or on the clock will still allow you to update the time however.
- A block will appear in the shift creator once you have a start time, end time, job code, location, and schedule specified.
- This block can be dragged from left to right as an alternative way to make edits to that particular shift.
- Selecting Add another shift will allow you to add a second shift to the first one that you have scheduled. This way you can schedule two shifts in one day.
- Hour and dollar totals will appear in the bottom right hand corner of the window.
- Selecting Save will add that shift to the schedule.
- House shifts can also be edited. To do so, double click the shift in the House Shift Manager. This will bring up the edit shift modal, allowing you to edit any shift details.
Note: Selecting a shift that has been created for a cell and pressing H on your keyboard will make that shift a house shift and cause it to appear in the house shift manager for that week.
Creating and Editing Shifts - Download QuickGuide
Additional Helpful Links