This article will cover how to edit the Scheduler by configuring its settings within the Scheduling tab in HotSchedules.
Editing the Scheduler Settings
- Select the Menu drop-down on top right-hand corner of the schedule
Fig.1 - Schedule menu
- Then select Settings
Fig.2 - Settings menu
This will change the way that employees are organized on the schedule.
- Schedule: This will group the employees by schedule assignment only
- Schedule, Job: This will group the employees by schedule, then by job that is assigned to that schedule
- None: This will organize all employees alphabetically disregarding any schedule or job assignments
Fig.3 - Group By settings
This lists different labels, reports, and shift details that appear on the schedule. Options that have been checked off will show while unchecked choices will not.
Fig.4 -Display settings
This will edit the alerts that display on the schedule.
Fig.5 - Alert Settings
- View Schedule By: Allows you to organize employees by First Name, Last Name, or Seniority Date
- Sort SmartSelect By: Allows you to organize employees by Cost, Hours, Shifts or Skill when using the SmartSelect shortcut key to assign House Shifts
- Default Scheduler Week: Allows you to select the week the scheduler should default to when navigating to this page
- Default Shift Length: Allows you to set the default length of shifts
Fig.6 - Configuration Settings
This will allow you to choose to include or exclude the meal duration when comparing the scheduled hours to the forecasted hours that would come from labor generation.
Fig.7 - Forecast Comparison