Note: This article is for the new scheduler interface. If you are not yet using this version of the scheduler, please refer to the collection of articles here.
HotSchedules allows users to access two different types of views in the scheduler, SmartView and ClassicView. You can learn more about ClassicView here.
Unlike ClassicView, which is organized to show you the entire week for a particular date range, SmartView will show you individual days and their time intervals.
To access SmartView follow these steps:
- Log into your HotSchedules account and go to the Scheduling tab. After specifying the particular week range, select the SmartView button. This can be found in the top right hand corner of the scheduler. This will change the schedule view.
- Rather than having columns representative of each particular day, SmartView will display a day by day view with the individual time intervals for each.
- You can move a day forward or back by selecting the single chevrons at the top of the schedule. Choosing one of the double chevrons will move the schedule forward or back a week.
- Selecting the calendar will open up a menu where you can specify a particular date you would like to view.
- Holding down Ctrl while moving the scroll wheel on your mouse up and down will zoom in and out on the schedule in SmartView.
- Double clicking on a cell will allow you to insert a new shift for that particular time period.
- Shifts that have been previously saved can be dragged from left to right on their row in SmartView. Doing so will update the shift and show the changed time in blue above the cell.
- When trying to move a shift in Smartview, cells that are eligible for the shift will display in green. If a shift is dragged into a cell that is not green, it will snap back to its original place.
Please note that in SmartView, the House Shift Manager will only display the house shifts for the day selected. So if you are looking at Monday in SmartView, the house shift manager will only display house shifts created for Monday.
The Scheduler - Download QuickGuide