Permission sets control a user's level of access within your academy. The levels are set up in a hierarchy and have specific roles, and are academy-wide.
Administrators have the ability to make adjustments to the academy itself, plus anything in it.
Training Managers are able to build and manipulate the training infrastructure, but are not allowed to adjust the academy in any way apart from that.
Content Managers can create folders and sub folders in the library and set the access rules to those folders. They can also create and adjust training content within the infrastructure provided to them by the administrators and training managers.
Professional Instructors are authorized to set a price and monetize courses on the Schoox marketplace for your academy. No one else can see the set price field on the course management panel.
Note: You will most likely not need to set anyone as Professional Instructors, this is meant for courses that cost money for certain companies.
Follow these steps to change a user's permissions in Schoox:
- Log into Schoox as an administrator.
- Hover over the Admin tab at the top of the page, and select Manage Members.
- This will take you to a list of the employees. You can search for the employee(s) you would like to edit.
- Simply check the box under the role that the user should have.
- The permissions for each of these roles (what they can or cannot do in the site) are set under Academy Settings.
Please note: These permissions reflect throughout your academy. If you'd like to narrow permissions to specific locations, please follow the steps described in here:
Organizational Structure - Download QuickGuide