! This article is only for clients using the Team version of HotSchedules. This means that HotSchedules is not integrated with your location's POS system. If HotSchedules is integrated with your system, terminations must originate in your POS system.
Terminating an employee from HotSchedules will completely remove them from your staff list. They will no longer be able to access their personal HotSchedules account, and you will not be able to schedule them. You will be able to pull historical information related to their account for reporting. For example, you will be able to run a schedule report to generate their past schedules.
An alternative to termination would be to inactivate an account. This can be used if an employee is going on a temporary leave of absence. They will remain on your staff list, but they will be unable to log into their account or be scheduled.
Follow these steps to terminate an employee on HotSchedules:
- Navigate to the Staff tab on your HotSchedules account.
- Select the name of the employee you wish to terminate from the Staff List.
- This will take you to the Details page for that employee.
- Locate the Account Status menu on this page.
- Select Terminated from this menu.
- You will have the option to type a Reason for termination for reporting purposes.
- Save the change.
Going forward, that employee will no longer appear on your Staff List.
(This will prompt you to log into HotSchedules, and then guide you through the process click by click.)