This article will assist you in changing your Employees' Availability in HotSchedules. If your employees have regular days that they cannot work and you would like to notate that in the Scheduler, you should update their availability.
Note: You can view this data in the Staff Availability Report and in the Scheduler itself. This article will show you how to generate the Staff Availability Report.
Follow these steps to change your employees' availability:
- Log into your HotSchedules and navigate to your Staff tab
- Select the Employee Availabilities subtab. You can either scroll through the employees or use the search bar to choose an employee
- To make an employee unavailable for a certain day part, select the green check mark. This will update the availability to a red X. This marks them as unavailable for that day part.
- To change the employee back to available simply select the red X and it will change back to a green check mark.
- To make the availability more specific, hover over the day part cell and select the pencil on the right hand side.
- A new window will open, and you can select Limited Availability.
- Select the drop down menu to select Before/After a certain time and then select that time.
- Select Save
- When editing an employee's availability, you will see two columns labeled Par Hours and Par Shifts. For sites using the new version of the scheduler, this data will not be available. For more information on the New Scheduler, go here.
Adjusting Availability - Download QuickGuide
(These will prompt you to log into HotSchedules, and then guide you through the process click by click.)