The certifications feature in HotSchedules allows managers to keep track of various employee certifications and expiration dates. Each certification must be enabled on the site, and then managers can begin entering expiration dates for their employees on the Staff tab.
This article will walk you through how to add a new certification to your site. Remember, that permissions control what features you have access to in HotSchedules. So, if you find that you do not have access to add a new certification, feel free to contact Customer Care. We can help you determine if this permission can be enabled or if someone else can control this setting.
- Log into your HotSchedules account.
- Select the Settings tab and the Company sublink.
- Scroll down this page until you see the section titled Certifications Information.
- Select Edit to make changes to your certifications.
- The Change Certification Information fields will populate on the left side on the screen.
- Under Add New Certification, you will be able to select the certification to enable from the drop down menu.
- Then you will select the inactivation setting for that certification with the other drop down menu. There will be 3 options:
- Expire/no inactivation - Managers and the employee will be notified when the certifications are nearing expiration. However, the employee"s account will remain active even after the certification expires.
- Expire w/ Auto-inactivation - Managers and the employee will be notified when the certifications are nearing expiration. Once the expiration date is reached, that employee"s account will be inactivated unless the expiration date is updated. They will no longer be able to log into HotSchedules, and all of their schedules shifts would become house shifts.
- Doesn't expire - The certification will stay attached to the employee"s account until removed by management. There will be no field to input an expiration date.
- Select Save Changes to enable this certification for the site.
- Now, you can go to the Staff tab to begin assigning the proper certifications and expiration dates to your employees.