The Auto Scheduler is a great tool for quickly scheduling out your shifts in HotSchedules. When you run the Auto Scheduler, it will randomly assign the shifts in the scheduler out to all of your employees according to the settings that you have configured. There are several options to configure how you would like the shifts to be assigned out.
Please see this article to review or configure the available settings prior to using the Auto Scheduler.
Note: There have to be shifts in the scheduler to assign to your employees before running the Auto Scheduler. This feature does not create the shifts for you. Instead it can quickly assign out all of your house shifts after you have applied a template for example.
Follow these steps to use the Auto Scheduler:
- Log into your HotSchedules account.
- Navigate to the Schedules tab and select the week you are writing the schedule for.
- Select Method 7 - Edit a Schedule and the Next button
- Select the schedule to edit
- Once you are in the scheduler, locate the Use auto scheduler setting in the Toolbar Functions on the left side of the screen. Select the Go button.
- The Auto Scheduler box will appear on the screen. It will allow you to configure a few additional settings before applying it to your shifts.
- For example, you can adjust the maximum allowable hours for all employees.
- Once you have confirmed these settings, select Continue at the bottom of the box.
- Select Cancel to close it without running the tool.