The Auto Scheduler is a great tool for quickly scheduling out your shifts in HotSchedules. When you run the Auto Scheduler, you are given a series of options to configure how you would like the shifts to be assigned out. Using the Skill Level Rule settings and Day Priorities are useful ways to ensure that the correct shifts are assigned to qualified people.
This article will show you how to configure the settings for this feature.
Remember, if you plan on using the skill level rules, you will also need to assign skill levels to each of your employees (see this article). Then you will be able to run the auto scheduler with the skill level rule of your choice (see this article).
Follow these steps to configure skill level settings for the auto scheduler:
- Navigate to the Settings tab.
- Select the Autoscheduler sublink.
- You will have two different skill level rule options to choose from when running the Auto Scheduler. You can configure the settings for both on this page (Thresholds or Location Skill Levels).
- Make sure that you select Save Changes for each section that you make changes to.
- The next time you run the Auto Scheduler, these options should be reflected.
The three settings that you can configure on this page are:
Day Priotities - This allows you to select which day the Auto Scheduler should schedule first. Rank the days of the week from 1-7 in the chronological order you would like to have them prioritized.
- Example: If Friday has 1 selected, the autoscheduler will assign shifts to Friday first and distribute the remaining days according to the other priorities.
Thresholds - Here you can enter the percentage of shifts you need from each skill level, for each job code for the week. Use the drop down menu to select the appropriate job code, and then set the parameters for each day of the week.
- Example: You enter a min of 70% of your shifts to be skill level 03, and 30% as max percentage of your shifts to be a skill level 01. If there were 10 shifts for that day part, then at least 7 of them will be skill level 03 and no more than 3 will be skill level 01.
Location Skill Levels - This option allows you to set required skill levels for specific locations. You will use the drop down menu to select the correct job code, and then you can choose a location to configure. Use the skill level drop down menus to set the minimum required skill level to work a shift with that location on that day of the week.
- Example: Assume you have three skill levels (01, 02, & 03). Skill level 01 is the highest ranked. You entered that the location “CLOSER” for Servers on Friday needs a skill level of 02. The AutoScheduler will not assign the CLOSER shift for that night to someone with skill level 03 (the lowest rank), but employees with 02 and 01 will be eligible for it.
Location By Skill Level - Download QuickGuide
Skill Level Threshold - Download QuickGuide