You will receive this message when you attempt to delete a schedule that you have already worked on in HotSchedules.
For example, a manager would follow these steps to delete their schedule:
- Navigate to the Schedules tab.
- Select the week of the schedule you are trying to delete.
- Select Method 3 - Delete a Schedule.
- Select Next.
On the next screen, you will see a list of the schedules and their current statuses. In the screenshot below, we cannot select the Server schedule to delete it, and we see a message stating Restricted Access.
The Restricted Access message indicates that the schedule has already been posted. You can only delete unposted schedules. For example, if the schedule's status was Saved, you would be able to select that schedule and proceed with deleting it.
This is intended to be an extra security precaution to avoid accidentally deleting a schedule that has already been posted to the employees on that schedule. In order to delete a posted schedule, that schedule must first be unposted. Unposting removes the scheduled shifts from employee accounts and notifies them that their manager has unposted the schedule. At this point the manager can delete the schedule normally without receiving the Restricted Access message.
Follow these steps to unpost a schedule:
- Select the Schedules tab.
- Select week of the schedule you would like to unpost.
- Select Method 7 - Edit a Schedule.
- Select Next.
- On the following screen, you will select the actual schedule that you would like to unpost.
- This will take you into the scheduler, and you can select the Unpost button on the left side of the screen in the Toolbar Functions.
NOTE: A manager will only be able to unpost future weeks' schedules. So, if the schedule in question is for next week or later, the manager will have the unpost button. If the manager needs to have a current week's schedule unposted, they can contact our Customer Care team to have it completed. Since unposting the current week will immediately take down the current schedule for employees, we require that our support team make the change to avoid any errors.