There are several ways to begin working on a schedule in HotSchedules. If you have a fairly consistent schedule from week to week, the Copy a Schedule method might work for you. This feature will allow you to copy your schedule(s) from a past or future week that you have already completed.
- You have the ability to copy a schedule from the two previous weeks or from up to four weeks ahead.
- The schedule you are copying from must be posted already.
This article will walk you through how to successfully copy a schedule. However, remember that permissions control what features you have access to in HotSchedules. So, If you find that you do not have the Copy a Schedule option, feel free to contact Customer Care. We can help you determine if this permission can be enabled or if someone else can control this setting.
Follow these steps to copy a schedule:
- Navigate to the Schedules tab.
- Use the drop down menu at the top of this page to select the week that you will be copying shifts into.
- For example, if you wish to copy last week's schedule into the current week, you would select Current Week from this menu.
- Select Method 5 Copy a Schedule.
- Select the Next button at the bottom of the page.
- The next page will display all of the possible schedules that you can copy from.
- The week you are copying into will be highlighted and marked as Copying Here.
- Any schedule from the previous two weeks or four weeks ahead that can be copied will have an orange copy schedule link displayed.
- Select Copy Schedule for the week you want to copy from.
- An Information window will pop up asking you to confirm your selection. Select the Copy Schedule button to proceed or Cancel to select another week.
- Next you will be taken to a confirmation page letting you know that you have successfully copied your schedule! You can select Click Here to go into the schedule to make any changes and post it.
You will only be able to copy shifts into an unsaved or blank schedule. This means that the schedule you are copying into must have a status of or Deleted. This ensures that you are not accidentally copying over a schedule that you already started working on.