There are several ways to begin working on a schedule in HotSchedules. Templates are a great tool if you have some consistent shifts each week.
Once you have built your templates out in the Template Generator, you can begin applying them to your schedules. All of the shifts that you created in your template will be placed in the schedule as house shifts. Then, you will be able to assign the shifts out to your employees and post your schedule!
Note: Please keep in mind that you can only apply a template to a schedule that the system registers as blank. This means that the schedule must have a status of Not Started or Deleted prior to applying the template. This ensures that you do not accidentally erase any saved work in a schedule.
Follow these steps to apply a template to a schedule:
- Navigate to the Schedules tab.
- Use the drop down menu at the top of this page to select the week you will be writing the schedule for.
- Select Method 4 Use a Template.
- Select Next.
- The next page will display a list of your schedules and their current statuses.
- Select the name of the schedule to see all of the available templates to apply.
- If the name of the schedule is not an orange link, then you have not created any templates for this schedule yet.
- The list of templates will include the template name, when it was created, who created it, and a brief description if any. You can also view projected costs associated with the shift information in the template, or delete the template.
- Select Generate Schedule for the template of your choice.
- You will be directed to a confirmation page if your template was correctly applied.
- From there, you will be able to jump into the scheduler to begin assigning shifts to your employees.