Integrated HotSchedules sites display information pulled from the customer's point of sale system. We can use several different types of integration to accomplish this, but this article is for customers using our HSConnect software.
HSConnect runs automatically once a day to pull information into HotSchedules. This can include employees, sales, and labor data. For some customers, we can also set up an import schedules sync that pushes schedule data from the HotSchedules site back into the point of sale system for punctuality enforcement in store.
Although the program will run automatically once a day, HSConnect also allows users to run manual syncs during the day to pull certain information onto the HotSchedules site in the middle of a business day. For example, if a manager needed to print out a welcome sheet for a new employee that had been added to the point of sale system today, they would need to run a manual employee sync to have the new hire added to HotSchedules. Otherwise, the new employee would populate the following day when HSConnect automatically runs.
Follow these steps to run a manual sync through HSConnect:
- Our HSConnect software will be installed on the main back of house computer.
- There will be a HotSchedules icon in the system tray of this computer's desktop (the bottom right corner of your screen, beside the clock). This small HotSchedules icon is called the HSConnect Console.
- Right click on the HSConnect Console. A list of the possible syncs to run will appear (the possible syncs will vary between customers).
- Select the sync you would like to run. The console icon will turn orange while it is processing.
- When the sync is complete, the icon will return to the original grey color.
- Log into HotSchedules to confirm the data has populated onto the site.