Note: This article only refers to the Time Off feature on HotSchedules. If your company uses the Request feature, there is separate documentation for it here.
The Time Off feature allows employees to submit dates that they would like to have off. Managers will receive a notification that there is a pending time off request. The manager will then approve or deny it, and the employee is notified of that decision.
Managers will see a notification like this on the Home tab if there is a time off request pending approval:
Follow these steps to approve or deny those Time Off requests:
- From the Home tab of your account, either select the Approve Time Off sublink or select the notification that appears.
- All employees who have pending Time Off requests will be listed here.
- Select the employee's name, and a box will appear with the details of their Time Off request.
- You will be able to see the date(s) that they have requested and any reasons that they listed.
- Select Approve or Deny.
- It is optional to enter a reason for the employee to see.
- Select Submit.
The employee will be notified of your decision regarding their Time Off at this point. When the managers are writing the schedule for that week, these dates will be blocked off for that employee.
Before making a decion regarding an employee's Time Off request, you have the option to view all current Time Off requests and their status for that time period. Simply select the View All Requests button. Use the drop down menu to view the information for a different week.