This article describes how to use the Request feature within HotSchedules. If your company utilizes the alternative feature (time off), please see this article.
Follow these steps to request a day off in the request feature:
- Navigate to the Home tab of your HotSchedules account.
- Select the Requests sublink.
- Select the button titled Add Request.
- This will populate the My Toolbar options on the left side of the screen.
- Adjust the starting date and ending date to reflect the date(s) you would like to request.
- Select whether you are requesting off or requesting to work those dates.
- Select the shifts during that dates that you are requesting.
- It is optional to enter a reason for the request.
- Select the Make Request button.
If your request was successful, then those dates will appear under the section labeled View My Requests.
If your request was NOT successful, you may receive an error message stating that those dates have been blocked. This means that the management team has decided to not allow additional requests to be placed for that date.