Follow these steps to add calculations to tasks in the DigitalRedBook admin tool:
Note: Any changes applied to your tasks and task lists won't be in affect until the following business day. Also, only users with permissions for the Admin tool will be able to edit task lists and create calculation fields.
- Log into an account with administrative privileges, and select the Admin tab and then Tasks on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Select the Task List that needs to be edited.
- Select Add Version to view all of your individual tasks for that list.
- Choose a field in the task list to house the results of your calculation.
- Add a Calculated control from the options on the right-hand side to the specified field.
- Each cell is automatically assigned a label that can only be viewed when editing tasks.
- To format your calculation, enter each cell's label into the formula window on the right-hand side of the screen when you have the Calcuation cell highlighted.
- Example: In the screenshot below, if column E has sales for each item, and we want to know the total, we will add each cell's label of the E column together (i.e. E41+E42+E43)
- Once complete select the green check mark and then click the Done button.
- To activate the newly created Task List, update the location the newest version.