Locations are an optional feature to use when writing your schedules on HotSchedules. It allows managers to add an additional specification to an employee's schedule.
For example, you have one person who is always designated as the closing bartender since they have additional duties.You would schedule that person with the Bartender job code and the Closing location. You can also use locations to specify section numbers for your servers for example.
Follow these steps to add and edit locations:
- Navigate to the Settings tab of your HotSchedules account.
- Select the Company sublink.
- Scroll down this page until you get to the Locations section.
- Select the appropriate link to add or edit your locations. You will have three options:
- Add -- Select this link if you wish to add a brand new location option. The Add New Location options will populate on the left side of the screen. Simply type the name of your new location in the text field and check the boxes next to the job code(s) you will use this location for when scheduling.
- By Job -- This option will display a list of your job codes, and when you select Edit Locations for each job, their respective locations will appear, You can edit/re-name them here.
- By Name -- This option will display all of your locations (without the job codes) in editable text fields. You can re-name and of them here and Save Changes.
Keep in mind that your ability to see and use certain features on HotSchedules is controlled by permissions. If you do not have the options listed above to add/edit locations, you may not have the permission turned on to do so.
Feel free to contact Customer Care with any questions. Additionally, if you need to have any locations removed from your site, you will need to reach out to us.
Adding and Editing Locations (Sections) - Download QuickGuide
(This will prompt you to log into HotSchedules, and then guide you through the process click by click.)