The Template Generator in HotSchedules allows you to build templates of shifts to apply to your schedules in the future. Once your templates are created, applying them creates house shifts in the scheduler for you to assign out to employees. If you would like to create a template from scratch for the first time, please see this article.
Over time, you may find that you need to make some adjustments to your templates (add or delete shifts for example). HotSchedules makes it easy for you to go back to any templates you previously created and make changes.
Follow these steps to edit an existing template:
- Log into your HotSchedules account and navigate to the Schedules tab.
- Select Method 2 - Template Generator and the Next button (You do not need to choose a date range to access the template generator).
- This will take you to the Template Creator page, where you will see all of the different ways you can create and edit a template.
- Locate the Edit a selected template section.
- Use the drop down menu here to select the template you would like to edit.
- This will take you into the Template Generator, and you will be able to see all of the shifts that currently make up this template.
- You can make any changes to the shifts here, and your edits will be saved automatically. There is no save button.
- Select the Create Row button to add an entirely new row of shifts.
- You can use the drop down menus to edit the Job and Location for a row of shifts, and you can select the shift times to edit those as well.
- Remember, you can also select the gear icon to the left of each row to see the options to delete or copy it.