HotSchedules clients using the HS Connect or Platform method of integration can opt to use a feature called Regulated Clock In. HotSchedules will import posted schedule information into your POS computer. A grace period time frame can be set up in the POS, and employees will only be able to clock in at their scheduled time. For example, your employees could only be able to clock in within 5 minutes of their scheduled shift without the system prompting them for manager approval.
This article is intended for clients using the integrated version of HotSchedules. This will only apply to clients using HS Connect or Platform as their method of integration and POSi as their POS.
Ensure the Schedule is Posted
- Check to make sure that schedules are posted in HotSchedules. You can do this by logging into and navigating to the Schedules tab. Select the current week and then hover over the information icon to check the status of each schedule
Fig.1 -Verify schedule is posted
HS Connect Clients
- Ensure that the start of the work week in HotSchedules matches the one in your POSi system
- If you are not open for business yet, run an Import Schedule sync from the HS Connect Console located at the bottom right-hand side of your screen on the system tray
If you are open, please note that an import schedule sync will restart SPCWin. This could take 30 seconds to fully relaunch.
- Run an Import Schedules Sync from the HS Connect Console located in the lower right hand corner system tray on your BOH computer. See this article for detailed instructions on running a manual sync
- The sync will turn orange while processing and will revert back to gray when it is complete
Platform clients may be unable to force an import schedule sync themselves, please contact support for assistance with this step
Verify Shifts in POSi's Time and Attendance
- Open Time and Attendance
- Select Hours & Schedules and then Current Week
- Select Edit Schedule
- Scroll through the employee list. For days in the future employee shifts should appear
Fig.2 - Time and attendance in POSi
If shifts appear in Time and Attendance in POSi, please contact your POS vendor to ensure the grace period is setup properly to allow employees to clock in.
If you do not see scheduled shifts within POSi after the sync has completed, please contact support.
HS: How to Run a Manual HSConnect Sync
Please sign in to leave a comment.