HotSchedules clients using the HS Connect or Platform method of integration can opt to use a feature called Regulated Clock In. HotSchedules will import posted schedule information into your POS computer. A grace period time frame can be set up in the POS, and employees will only be able to clock in at their scheduled time. For example, your employees could only be able to clock in within 5 minutes of their scheduled shift without the system prompting them for manager approval.
This article is intended for clients using the integrated version of HotSchedules. This will only apply to clients using HS Connect or Platform as their method of integration and Aloha as their POS.
Ensure the Schedule is Posted
- Check to make sure that schedules are posted in HotSchedules. You can do this by logging into and navigating to the Schedules tab. Select the current week and then hover over the information icon to check the status of each schedule
Fig.1 - Verify schedule is posted
HS Connect Clients
- Run an Import Schedules Sync from the HS Connect Console located in the lower right hand corner system tray on your BOH computer. See this article for detailed instructions on running a manual sync
- The sync will turn orange while processing and will revert back to gray when it is complete
Platform clients may be unable to force an import schedule sync themselves, please contact support for assistance with this step
Verify Shifts in Aloha's Basic Labor Scheduler
- Log into Aloha Manager and select the Functions menu
- Choose Basic Labor Scheduler. A new pop-up window will display
- Select the Edit menu and then select Edit Schedule
- When it prompts for a date, select the start of your work week
- Another pop-up window will display showing blue bars that represent the shift length of the employee
Fig.2 - Basic Labor Scheduler in Aloha
You may need to select different jobs in the drop-down menu but if the shifts synced over, there will be blue bars in the display. Gray bars signify that the employee is scheduled a shift with another job code. Be sure you are looking at the current and future days ahead, days in the past may not display any shift information.
If shifts appear in Basic Labor Scheduler of Aloha, please contact your POS vendor to ensure the grace period is setup properly to allow employees to clock in.
If you do not see scheduled shifts within Aloha after the sync has completed, please contact support.